Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best songs to learn on the Acustic

Options
  • 18-09-2002 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

As the title says, Just wondering on which are some very good songs to learn?
    Nirvana stuff seams good, was told some U2 aswell..
    Want to stay away from Traditional. dont like the various Strumming Techniques or the fingerstyles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

hear my train a comin(hendrix), stairway to heaven(led zep), layla(clapton),zombie(cranberries) all are relatively simple to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Nirvana - Polly
    Green Day - Time of Your Life (don't do the picking version, just the chords - still sounds great).
    Van Morrisson - Brown Eyed Girl
    Nirvana - About A Girl
    Guns n Roses - Dead Horse (the distorted part still sounds good acoustically - play it either chilled out or with a bit more energy)
    Staind - Outside
    Pearl Jam - Low Light, Wishlist, Elderly Woman. Daughter sounds great but needs an alternate tuning.

If you can do barre chords:

Four Non-Blondes - What's Up
    The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work, Sonnet
    Radiohead - Creep (Acoustic version), Just
    Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
    Goo-Goo Dolls - Iris (Don't need to change the tuning - find the version with the proper chords - Bm - Asus4 - G etc)

If you want to do a bit of easy picking:

John Lennon - Imagine
    REM - Everybody Hurts
    Nirvana - Come As You Are
    Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Forgot that overplayed classic - American Pie :D

Also the Fureys - Green Fields of France is a great sing along song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Hi,

I've only been playing the acoustic guitar since christmas and the songs that I've found the best to play are as follows:

Oasis - Wonderwall
    Oasis - Cast no shadow
    4 of Us - Mary
    America - A horse with no name
    Semisonic - DND
    Stereophonics - Traffic.......(this in an absolutely amazing song)

to name but a few :)
    and they're all basic cords and fairly simple strumming too!!
    If you need the cord arrangements mail me and I'll send them to you if you like.

Good luck.

Baz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

possibly the best song that can be played on an acoustic would have to be Travelling Riverside Blues by led zep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

"On Fire" by Galaxie 500 is a great album to play along to, easy chords and a nice slow pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pardon Me - Incubus. Great for getting used to picking & singing at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

"Whippin' Piccadilly" by Gomez is an excellent acoustic song. Perfect if you're playing for friends or busking. "Stairway to Heaven" is definitely worth learning too.

Advertisement