Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowboarding on the cheap December ... ???

Options
  • 17-09-2002 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Have you seen the prices of Ryanair flights for December??!?! 30 return to stanstead and another 30ish to somewhere in Europe. You could fly to the alpes for 60 return.

I have plenty hols left so I was looking to book a flight to somewhere in the Alpes for December. I dont care where but has to be within easy access to some Ryanair destination. (eg Turin, St Etienne,Nimes)

In December you are far from guaranteed snow so I would have to go somewhere there is a glacier.

Any ideas? Anyone interested?

BTW I'm a relative beginner not that that makes and difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

here's a potential ...
    http://216.74.150.71/ski-europe/skimatcher/map-contentPage.asp?item_id=28

not good for advanced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TU154

Try Solden in Austria. There is a glacier so there definitely will be snow. It's off the beaten track as far as the uk and irish tour operators go, so not always many english speakers. It's high up too, so can be bloody cold.
    I went there last year in December, had a good time. Wasn't brilliant, but was good. Not much off piste to be had.
    Not sure what else you'll get that early in the year.
    http://216.74.150.71/ski-europe/skimatcher/map-contentPage.asp?item_id=13
    Flew to munich as I recall...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

from what i remember , franfurt is the nearest flight to munich ,with a crazy priced train journey ...
    im in dit @ the mo 7 they are trying to arrange a cheap winter hol
    they estimate about 30/40+ people , after the dropouts ,...
    dev was looking for a group of people to drop the price on boarding this year , with boards & dit ' s
    we could have our own fing plane .. i dont mind sleeping on a floor of some (shalay///?????)

Advertisement