Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Beach BBQ in Cork

Options
  • 16-09-2002 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Rumour has it that Tubes will be having a free beach BBQ at White Strand (Garrettstown) on Sunday Sept 29th @ 12:00

I'm guessing this will coincide with their giving away of that sweet Al Merrick shortboard.

www.tubes.ie

Lets hope the surf comes up again like it did last week :D

Hmm Looks like there might be a competition too, the site says there will be other spot prizes waves permitting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Looks like the swell should arrive just in time for this. Wind looks a bit onshore atm but that's liable to change.

Anyone here going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

In the wrong county ..

And just thought I'd ask a quick question of you seeing as you are in Cork - I may have to go down to Kinsale for a couple days to work in October - I know Baltimore, Schull, crookhaven and Clon pretty well etc. - but was wondering if you knew of any watersports places around Kinsale? I was only there the once when i was much younger. And I can't say i remember much.

I won't be able to bring kite gear down as I am getting a lift, so was just hoping to maybe get out sailing or rent some windsurf gear - just something to do.

Apologies for the slight thread hijack :)

I know there's a waterskiiing and wakeboarding place in Kinsale (www.wakeboardireland.com) but I'm not too sure about sailing or anything.

If you can head to Oysterhaven about 10 miles away you should be able to rent kayaks or windsurfing gear. Look around the shops in Kinsale, there'll be flyers all over the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yah I knew about Oysterhaven but with no car, I probs won't make it there.

Another pal mentioned the wakeboarding - that sounds great, cheers for the link too. Would be handy just to take a suit down and give that a shot.

Thanks again,

JAK.

There's also some adventure group down in Kinsale that are always at Garrettstown beach. I don't know if they rent out gear or what. They're always kayaking and it looks like they have a few surfboards too.

They're a fecking menace in the water though. You'd be well advised to stay away from them in the surf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Sounds good.
    If it's a nice day I might get a few cans and go down and watch the surfing for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

If I was in Cork for the weekend, I would be there :)

They're going to be having a competition to see if people can tandem ride a 10'6 board :) Should be fun!

Advertisement