Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeping Fig

Options
  • 16-09-2002 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have a weeping fig in my sitting room. it’s about 5ft tall. Originally the pot had 2, but one died. It is in a corner and I don’t turn it with the result of no leaves or growth on the back of the fig.

My question is can I trim the branches at the back of the fig so it will fit in the corner better?
    Also the front is very bushy as I have never trimmed it at all. Can I snip away at the front also?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Yeah cut away the branches at the back... no worries especially if they have no leaves/growth.
    Regarding the front, best to only trim a couple of inches off (2-3) at any time or it will look a bit messy. The best time is coming into a growth period so that the fresh growth will fill it in.
    Figs usually have a couple of rest & growth periods in any year...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Thanks Lickys20

I trimmed the back and it fits much better into the corner now and looks a lot better also.

Advertisement