Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warcraft3 problem.....

Options
  • 10-09-2002 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭

I finally got the game (yay!) but it for some odd reason it restarts my computer every so often (about every 2 hours) when im playing, it doesnt freeze for a second or anything, just starts booting up windows from DOS :confused:
    This happened anyone else? and how do I fix it? its really annoying in the campaign (sp?) :(

I have a GeForce3 Ti200
    Athlon 900mhz
    80gig 7200RPM hardrive (yay)
    and im running windows XP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Bring down the resolution , turn off 3d sound, turn off shadows etc, all that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ok ill go try that out now, thx.

Finished off last 3 human missions, and it seems to be working fine, only crashed once (but didnt restart at least...) so it seems to be fine,thx very much :)

hmmm,it appears that it doesnt like skirmish's (custom games), because it restarted me in that,i have yet to finish a full skirmish :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Turn "reboot on STOP error" off. My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery.

After doing this, you'll get a pretty blue error screen instead of a reboot whenever the game crashes. Post what the error message says -- i'll bet it mentions "nv4_disp.dll" somewhere.

• Advertisement

ok done, ill tell you what i get next time it crash's. Thx for info.

Advertisement