Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Prix Legends

Options
  • 09-09-2002 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Vrroom vroom,

anyone interested in getting a little GPLM league going among the boards members. btw server now on vishnu.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Im certainly up for that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i might but i think i may have to patch it up to hell.
    i baught it but the game being so old had about 200 million patches so i dont know what one i`ll need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The patches required for the game are very small, a max of 3 meg.
    you'll get them all here

http://www.vroc.net/

You should also get winvroc, if you've any problems pop into #hiv and someone there will help u out.

btw. This game is now for sale on teh soldout label for 9 euro, and can be tarted up nicely with varous patches and replacment graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Man, i loved this game when i played it in my friend's house, with a steering wheel and pedals (really required to enjoy the game)... and i actually own the game, but i've never had much luck playing it on my own computer...

the game is buggy-as-buggry out of the box, especially on 3dfx cards, such as mine... but when i try to patch it up, and then play it, it then asks me to insert the CD, even though it's already in. I got the DVDboxed sierra gold edition. The CD may be different to the original, and they may never have considered its effects on the patched version when they were rereleasing it on budget :(

I dunno about the soldout version, but just be aware of that.

On the other hand, if anyone's experienced the same problem as me, or knows a workaround, pleeeeeease let me know. I've been dying to get my money's worth from buying my steering wheel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Davkie

Balfa see the links above "racesimcentral" have a great GPL resource section full of addons and guides. The game is graphically improved ten fold when its fully patched. If you have any problems contact me and I can provide a CD with all the updates.

REV, would you consider setting up a F2 league , the cars are earier to control and the racing is closer/more fun. There aren't many people in Ireland with a negitive GPLrank (Myself included)
    Would serve as a introduction to people who are new to the game.

Originally posted by Balfa
    but when i try to patch it up, and then play it, it then asks me to insert the CD, even though it's already in. I got the DVDboxed sierra gold edition

theres a no-cd patch knocking about somewhere, i use it myself, should be a link for it on the above site (i think). if not i'll hunt around and find it again.

my gplrank is +140ish atm, half that is due to my crappy ring times, other tracks are dropping steadily now that i have a wheel n pedals.

Originally posted by Davkie
    REV, would you consider setting up a F2 league , the cars are earier to control and the racing is closer/more fun. There aren't many people in Ireland with a negitive GPLrank (Myself included)
    Would serve as a introduction to people who are new to the game.

mmm, never tried the F2 cars, sure if we limited the server to gp cooper n ferrari that would ease new folk in, no newbie plonkers attempting to test fly the lotus :)

having said that, might go try the F2's out :)

Butcher, The Ring is also messing up my rank , just spent the last two weeks doing two laps a day , down to 8:55 now , still way off the pole time.

You can edit your player.ini file so you can race against the AI in F2 cars. or setup a seperate profile.

http://jc.racesimcentral.com/default.htm has all the info you need to get going. F2 racing is great fun you can really throw the cars around , even the lead coder of the game (Kaemmer) thinks this form of racing is the most fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Anybody know a shop in Dublin selling this?? Tried Game on Dawson street and got a "huh"

• Advertisement

I saw it in easons(the one near the Irish Life mall) of all places, keep in mind it'll be in the budget section, and as far as I remember its on the soldout label. For e8.99

GPL Add ons

Everything and everything you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

If I can get this game working again I'll play ok.

Server is G2 only now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

I know very little about multiplayer in this game, are these rankings online somewhere or accessible from within the game?

Gerry for internet multiplay you need a small program called VROC get it here http://www.vroc.net/
    Theres lots of euro servers and plently of pickup races available.

A GPL rank is available on line from http://gplrank.schuerkamp.de/
    Just create an account and upload you best times for each track , a 0.00 rank means you have matched all pole times for the 67 season. They have some great tools to track your progress.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Guys Wow,ive had GPL since it was first released 4 years ago,ive raced in countless leagues,have over 3 gig of downloads.
    Its simply the greatest racing sim of them all.Silly little console games like GT3 are like comparing a micra to an F1 800 bhp car.
    I just never knew Irish guys were into it ,i thought i was the only one in Ireland bar a few i met on GPLEA forums.
    Netcode is great even with 56k.For 4 years guys on a daily basis ive scoured the best sites and forums for the latest addons for GPL.
    Right now ive 127 tracks for GPL,there are over 500 available by the way.
    Heres the best sites guys for all ur GPL needs.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41485

http://www.racesimcentral.com/links/ultimate.shtml

http://eaglewoman.simracing.dk/gpl/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

c cheese.
    i baught the game for about 6 yoyos in smiths toy shop in blanch.

Oh and i got all the updates i need now of Davkie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Please move this to racing sims or i'll lose it again :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement