Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Problem

Options
  • 07-09-2002 3:02pm

I am having a problem with my PS2 at the moment . It is only able to play games that are silver and not blue ?? Any games that are sided with plue (purple) i seem to get a disk error . This has been happening for a while but has now got worse . Anybody know of this problem ? ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

The laser lense on some of the version releases are a bit crap. If you over use either DVD's or CD's, the lense will find it hard to recognise the other. If you still have a warranty i'd take it back, if not, the best thing you can do is clean the lense with alcohol based cleaner and hope that it sorts out the trouble. Its rare that they reject cd games tho, so i'm presuming that its probably just a cleaning issue.

Gamezone on talbot street should be able to take a look at it for you if you can get no joy.

Thanks for that . I just noticed that i only started to use a region changer on the PS2.Its a boot disk . Ever since they stoped working :(

Hmmm, dunno, i can't imagine that the dvd region x (i'm guessing) would mess with the hardware. Its pretty unlikely, as i said, clean the lens, it can't hurt. Just remove the 2 long screws from the lower panel and all the upper panel screws, take off the top of the ps2. You'll see the dvd drive. Remove both the gold screws on either side of the drive and then the 4 tiny black screws on either side of the drive and 2 on top of it. Remove the top casing and you'll see the laser, Just clean it VERY GENTLY with a cotton bud and some alcohol based cleaner. If this all fails, bring it into gamezone, explain the problem and they should be able to help.

BTW, are you're cd's in good condition?

The Cds are new . Not a mark .Its only the blue CDs that dont work . Ihave sombody getting me a Game DVD cleaner so i will try that . Thanks for your help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

While this thread is here I have a PS2 Problem.

My PS2's fan is annoying the feck out of me. I have it in my room, and it makes a irritating sound in the confine space. The fan is so loud, I have to turn the TV up sky high...which isnt a pleasure. Any solutions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I have the same problem as augmerson..the fan is really loud when playing games.. but when i play a dvd it's very smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wear headphones :p

CD speed - x50 or so
    DVD speed - x6 or so

Most games can actually be programmed to just access the cd when neccessary, unfortunetly most games will involve access all the time. You can do nothing about it, turn off the fan if you want. Its only a matter of removing the pins from the board....not advisable tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I have a modded ps2 and have had a fair bit of experience with problems such as these.

First up gamezone will charge you 100 Euro to fix this which is a criminal price!

My ps2 was working fine and after a while had problems reading disks. The hardware is very shoddy in these machines but I was able to adjust both the CD and DVD pots to get it to read all disks.

This needs to be done very carefully. It is doable by anyone and there are lots of guides out there.

I would not pay someone 100 Euro to do it though ;-)

Advertisement