Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1942 Demo thing that you connect to so you can play the game online

Options
  • 06-09-2002 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Theres one of those things you need to connect to if you want to play the demo version of Battlefield 1942 with other people on the interweb running on the machine known as vishnu which can be addressed by using the string 'vishnu.ign.ie'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cool

How is it running with the patches???

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

nice one, ill give that a whirl tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm scared to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

In The All-Seeing Eye, when I add the server for BF1942
    (IP: vishnu.ign.ie, Port: 14567, Query Port:23000), it comes up with a server "unscanned" with a 9999 ping.
    What's the story? Does it have something to do with the Query Port?

<edit> Err, never mind, ZoneAlarm was in the background, messing things up as usual :) </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Theres one of those things you need to connect to if you want to play the demo version of Battlefield 1942 with other people on the interweb running on the machine known as vishnu which can be addressed by using the string 'vishnu.ign.ie'

I dunno, it all sounds a bit technical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement