Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Prix 4

Options
  • 06-09-2002 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just got back from the belgium GP and now I have a hankering for a GP game. Anyone got any any thought on Grand prix 4??

DW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Cool. Must go to a GP one of these days, maybe next season.

Whatever you do, avoid the EA Sports one (F1 2002), it sucks.

Dunno much about Grand Prix 4, except that I've been wanting to try it and see for ages now, just haven't gotton around to buying it yet.

If you do buy it, let us know how good it is.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have GP4 and F1 2002.

My verdict : It's very close.

F1 2002, is easier to pick up and play, the graphics are great, I play with a steering whell and find the handling fantastic too.
    It has all the presentation and gloss you'd expect of an F1 title.

GP4, is easy to pick up too, depsite some confusing menu options at times. With assists on, it's every bit as easy as F1 2002 to play. It's probably a better simulation all round, taking into account the million tuning options and the Gpedia too. Overall, I think it has better graphics too, although it's very close, the F1 2002 game has a sharper look, but GP4 has a better overall effect.

I'd say if you are an F1 fan, either game is a great choice. If you are a casual fan, perhaps F12002 is for you, if you are a hardcore fan and petrolhead, you might find GP4's uber-realism and options the better bet. Graphics wise, I'd say its a matter of opinion, I'd give it to GP4, although I think the sound is FAR better on F1 2002.

I play it with a wheel and I find the handling sharp on both games, both drive pretty much the same, although changes you make to options in GP4 seem to have a greater effect out on the track.

They are that close, that I couldn't decide, so I got them both. Be aware that in both cases, they are more of an evolution than revolution over their predeccesors. It's likely that if you preferred F1 2000 over GP3, you will prefer f1 2002 over GP4 and vice versa.

Advertisement