Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my mothman experience...this is a long one...

Options
  • 05-09-2002 4:31pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

ok, I watched the Mothman Prophecie's movie last night and I thought I'd tell you about my experience, you can believe it or not, It doesnt matter to me, because I know it happened.
    I moved to west virginia in 1997 and lived there for 2 years. West Virginia is the place the movie is based on. I was in Morgantown, similar to plesant pint in that it is a border town to another state, PA. It is also surrounded by water, Cheat Lake (point pleasant surrounded by Ohio River) they are both northern towns in W.va
    I am just noting this because it occured to me after watching the movie...
    I was renting a house beside the lake when this happened to me.
    One night I was watching tv and my phone rang...I picked it up and I could only hear strange sounds. It was dark outside, I lived alone. The sounds bothered me, I hung up and tried to make a call...the phone didnt work. I heard something on the front porch. I turned on all the lights in the house...went back to my room with a butcher knife and sat there...I picked up the phone this time, and I could hear the sounds again. I sat paralyzed with fear...I couldnt move, I was frozen in time. Then, I felt something staring at me from my bedroom window...my bedroom window is attached to the back porch. I couldnt do anything but sit still in absolute fear. Then I picked up the phone after I felt it was safe...must have sat there still for about 30 minutes.
    The phone finaly working, I called my grandmother and told her that the phone wasnt working...and I heard something outside. I walked to each window with her on the phone and looked outside not seeing anything. I turned off the lights and felt better, it was gone. I began to write a story about that night but didnt finish it.

part two:
    After watching the movie, A repressed memory came back from my childhood...if you've seen the movie you'll understand what I am about to say. I remember having this memory many times before and not being able to piece it together. I think I may understand some things better now...
    When I was small..about 6 I'd say, maybe 7. I remember be paralyzed with fear from something I saw in my room from behind the door. It was like a dark shadow, with red eyes. It was there staring at me...and then when I closed my eyes and put my head down and looked back up, it was gone. This was in the middle of the day...summer time, daylight. I remember calling my grandmother at work and asking her to come home...she told me to go outside and play dismissing it. My mother was upstairs at the time..double house.
    After that happened and it was dismissed by my family, I just stopped thinking about it.
    Other things that have happened through out the years, brings all of this together.

I am pulling out my notes from my story and think I can now finish it.
    Here is the link to the site if you are curious:
    http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/mothman/

It my seem farfetched to some...but having had other experiences that I'd say were supernatural...I believe it. It's easier to believe if you'd experienced something not "normal"
    keep that in mind.

Comments

Advertisement