Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That damned food limit in Warcraft 3

Options
  • 04-09-2002 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Yes it is doing my head in That damned food limit in Warcraft 3;

I want as many lil cute killing greenskins that I can get my hands on. A horde to wipe all the other races out of the game for good.

And can i do this Noooooo, the damned limit on Food in the game sure have as many burrows/farms are you like but the limit is set at 90 units.

So I'm trying to get my hands on a patch what will solve this lil delima so I can breed as may lil orcs as I wish. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol.

No.

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Start a game.

Press Enter.

Type: PointBreak

Press Enter.

=> No food limit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I quite like it actually, forces you to micro your units more and makes you think more about the situation,as losing 12 Footmen out of a 90 cap is a lot more annoying than losing 12 Zerglings out of a 200 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

a food limit of 90 is loads! To go over that is just madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

The 90 food limit is the whole point of the game, i.e. the use of heros with mirco managed units. So you'll just completely mess up the games balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I actually don't like going above a food count of 40. It means that I have an upkeep on my troops. I like to band all of my troops together for my skirmishes and replace them if/when they die

So says swiss, who gets whooped in Warcraft III :D

Seriously, 90 is loads. If you're building a bigger army than that you'd be paying through your nose for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

whats High Upkeep costing you these days anyways? -7 gold for every gold delivery. Damn you warcraft taxman. whenever my upkeep hits Low, i know its time to send my army to death :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

60% tax on 70+ food consumption means I try to avoid going over it.

I finished the game on medium without breaking it (intentionally, sometimes I lost track)

70 allows for a crack squad of your best units, hero, magiks and ranged units with a 2nd artillery squad and a 3rd reserve squad (at 1/2 strength)

basically what im saying is, 90 is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ohh goody thanks Lord :)

Yes I know mirco management and spirit of the game
    but I've all ready beaten the single player and am working my way through all the custom games. And now with that limit gone I will crush them all of them ( que evil cackling and lighting )

have to get practice in for darkside 4 LAN

Thanks again

" I'm not that type of orc !!"

Advertisement