Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chipped xbox

Options
  • 02-09-2002 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

anyone know of anyone in ireland that chips xboxs, or sells them prechipped. does anyone here have a xbox? are they worth the money since they just dropped by 50 euros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why was wide eyed's first 'chipped xbox' post dumped in the recycle bin?

I just checked the rules, and talk about chipped consoles is allowed! :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Not to start a console rant again, but I like XBox and there are a bunch of great games out and on the way out..

I dont care about the other consoles, not saying that they are not great. I just dont like them!!!

I dont like chipping, as it means people will play warez copies of my games, which means my bonus goes down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 wild eyed

of mame and all the other emulators that have been developed for it. im not a big warez freak, i didnt get my playstation chipped when it was all the craze, im just in the mood for some retro gaming and not on my pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Got a Dreamcast? Use that for all your emu needs.

Oh and vagga, the xbox smells and it sucks. And its so big it actually has to assembled in space. And the joypad was designed with 12ft, three handed monstors in mind. And Red Faction is better than Halo. And Bill Gates ate my cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Oh and vagga, ...nonsense....all nonsense

...and Splinter Cell will be the centre of my world before you.
    :p

/Xbox: needs its own real estate but atleast the girls dont laugh in corners at its size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its not the size that matters, its what you do with it.

If I had one, I'd use it as a door stop (and I'd only need ONE !!)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

At least it isn't a flimsy waif that has to reproduce itself in all the colours of the rainbow to stop looking like an 80's video recorder.

Gamecube is by far and away the best looking :rolleyes: It's a toss up between XBox and PS2 for ugliness.

By the by, for any potential buyers - it isn't that huge, it took up the same amount of width as a Dreamcast (Gawd they were tiny) and one GAME Dreamcast games rack :).

does anyone know, im sure someone knows, dublin isnt that big.
    i need a chipped x.box, and the dreamcast is ****e for development i had one, its for sale, (worst advertisment ever)
    mame would run faster off a ducks back, nintendo 8 bit was the only good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Right, let the fact speak for themselves, the X-Box is a stip down PC which is by far the most powerful of the three mainstream Consoles, Cube is nice, but it will only play games, and the controller is tiny and awkward and is meant for tiny Dicked Japaneese men (not that i have anything against the japaneese........its just common knowledge)
    The PS2 is...well...granddaddy, and not in a good way, if u remember the PS2 came out shortly after the Dreamcast (Well in my recollection) and so, is sorta dated, sure the broadband adapter is availible for it in the U.S, But that dont mean shoite over here :D

Anyways, you can buy pre chipped X-Boxes from www.liksang.com and like Vagga said, there will be some very nice new titles out on it,
    Splinter Cell is UNF! (played it at ECTS) and there are also a few other games being produced like UT Competitions (Afaik thats right, clarify it Rob plz :D )
    also Terminator game aswell...and..../me thinks
    Halo 2 aswell, that will be out in 2003.
    The Gamecube will have Mario Sunshine soon enough (played it also and all i can say is *Nyom*)
    and as usual the PS2 has too many games coming out....

I'm happy wiv my X-Box, and will enjoy all the new games on stream soon enough...
    If you live in the states and have an X-Box yer set....so a chipped one and playing import Games will own...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by TmB
    Why was wide eyed's first 'chipped xbox' post dumped in the recycle bin?

I just checked the rules, and talk about chipped consoles is allowed! :)

- Dave.

Dunno, wasn't me. And probably wasn't Shinji as it was he who wrote said rule.

/me looks at the smoke filled Admin room... hmmmm

• Advertisement

my post was deleted,,,,,, i posted in the ign forum, i believe although i have no proof and this is not the gospel and should not be taken seriously at all, but it was beacuse some Dick was jealous of my name.
    anyone here from louth or monaghon, i like this forum, anyone into emulation or retrogames., i have bought things from lik -sang before but buying an x-box??????? the shipping would be too dear, me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Originally posted by wild eyed
    mame would run faster off a ducks back

It really doesn't matter. MAME has never supported graphics cards and neither the xbox port or the ps2 port do. Both run considerably slower than the pc versions. And mame being mame means that it needs a whopper of a processor unless you want to run games sub 1985, in which case i'd be well surprised if both ps2 and xbox didn't give a constant 60fps.

From what i've read from emu forums, the xbox port is fine with the older games and much to my unsurprise runs games like mortal kombat 2, and everything around that region like dirt.

Retrocade will most likely be ported to the ps2 quite soon seeing as theres a proggy about for making the porting of emu proggies to the ps2 easier. Retrocade = mame - gayness.

Advertisement