Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlefield1942

Options
  • 31-08-2002 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance of getting a battlefield1942 server running?

At the moment the game is in multiplayer test, but it's really decent in my opinion, and it would be a guaranteed hit. unfortunately there is no linux dedicated server, so it would have to be put on a win32 box..

If you want more information on the game go to www.battlefield1942.com ,

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

noog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I hope we get one setup ... even if its only a temorary server. Its annoying having the play on hugh 32man lagger servers .. /me slaps eircom and his modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

This is a superb game.............except it lags you to hell (boith FPS and ping). An irish server would be real nice tho. Pity it uses that hunk of junk known as gamespy......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

make sure that after you enter a game that go back to and type some stuff in the filter section and then hit it.

If you havent already it should get rid of some if the lag as the game keeps pinging servers even when your playing.

(tho it does say that 56k plauers should play on 16 peeps servers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ea games emailed my site and others last week to say there was a demo patch YAY we all thougght then the next email we got from them was to say the game was being pushed back a week.

patch supposed to be out today that fixes the netcode and lag problems.

kdja

Found a link on the site about it:

http://www.ea.com/eagames/official/battlefield1942/editorial/mp_patchinfo.jsp

Hopefully it will not be too big....another 133Mb download will not be good for the old modem..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Originally posted by Pugsley
    This is a superb game.............except it lags you to hell (boith FPS and ping). An irish server would be real nice tho. Pity it uses that hunk of junk known as gamespy......

You like using The All-Seeing Eye?

BattleField 1942 for The All-Seeing Eye

Yeah, me too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We tried to run a demo server, but it was to unstable.
    Once the patch is released we'll give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

and the linux dedicated isnt out untill AFTER the games release... I can see a lot of unhappy gamers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Can't stand the game myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Brilliant???!!! Great??!!! Excellent??!?!?!?!? when i play this game (it could be a technical fault so dont be offended by this msg) all i get is terrible sound little squeaks for pain and utterly crap weapon sounds!!!!!!!! pleez correct me if im wrong! is it my version is messed or am i right? (in my view)

• Advertisement

Sound is foobed ona lot of ppls machines

sounds like mickey mouse.

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

It runs beautifully on my machine, only problem is i cant play online on analogue with more than 3 people on an ultra fast server :(

Need a lan now!

It only runs on one of my two pc's ... :( Well it does run on both but everything is black execpt for tyers which are blue, that what you get with a 450mhz p3 with the min system requirements at 800mhz :D

On my other pc is runs REALLY well...when i try to play it online though the server list will never come up :( . The new addition to my pc: SB Audigy card helps with the sound :D

System Requirements (from bfcentral.com )

800 MHz CPU
    256 Megabytes of RAM
    3D accelerated GeForce 32 MB or equivalent with HTL
    (Hardware Transform & Lightning) and 24-bit z-buffer
    400 MB of free hard drive space
    16X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
    MS compatible mouse
    DirectX 8 Compatible Sound Card

Also, anyone find the secret island on the multiplayer map? I discovered that if you flow out as far as you can in one of the corners really low, outside the combat zone, you will come across a island, i tried to parachure onto it but couldnt :( . you die before you get to land..... Ill post ya the flying route next time i play.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

I wouldent mind seeing that Winters, maybe you could take a screenshot for us? :).. Also which corner is the island located?

on www.modtheater.com in the news a few weeks ago how to do it.

As Axis get in plane fly straight and straight and you see it.

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Well in that case, can someone tell me how to fix the sound? cuz i dont want to miss a good game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've a problem with the single player demo - the text is all blurry so I can't read kill messages and the like. It seems to affect the menus in the game after i start a battle too.

Anyone know of a fix?

GeForce 4 Ti4200 with 40.41 drivers. Had a similar problem on older drivers - can't remember the exact version they were though.

Run it at high res seems to work for some ppl.

kdja

Well...its somewhere off square M1 or somewhere. Next time i play it ill take note of the number its at. If your taking off form the allied airfiled follow this flwing route:

Take off and fly forward-right..on the edge of the map. Fly low and keep flying.....the plane starts to loose health but keep flying. :D

Ill take a screenshot if i can of the blue wheels etc....its funny. Played it on my lan and was spookey being a passanger in a transparent car with a transparent player .... Ill post up screens soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

kdja - I'm running it in 1280x960 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The single player demo had problesms with geforce 4 cards, I dont think that there was a fix for it...

There was a kind of fix for it.

When i had it i had that error reinstalled it was fine but i got a few other erros its just buggy ...lOL

Try reinstalling it and keep changining resolutions

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

Originally posted by kdja
    Ea games emailed my site and others last week to say there was a demo patch YAY we all thougght then the next email we got from them was to say the game was being pushed back a week.

patch supposed to be out today that fixes the netcode and lag problems.

kdja
    What happened to this?? Why is the patch not out yet? :(

We heard nothing more than this
    "We are all pleasantly surprised by how popular you've made the Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Demo. Some of you have pleaded for certain fixes, which would make your gaming experience that much better.

Well, seeing as you've made this the #2 online shooter being played...it makes sense to listen to you...*grin*. So, we will be releasing a patch for the Multiplayer Demo very, very soon, which will incorporate a number of fixes, including the following:

Support for All Seeing Eye.
    Support for refresh rates higher than 60hz.
    Improved Server stability
    And many other fixes to be announced soon...Stay tuned for more details as the development team digs in... "

http://www.modtheater.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=899

Heard nothing more from them.

Kdja

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

the invert mouse bug is annoying as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

We were over for ECTS in London last week and I got to play the full game over in the EA offices (not to mention the free drink, eh shinji). We we're checking it out before the launch of gamire.com

Great game even with the bugs, which they should have ample time to iron out before release.

We got invited to the laucnh on the balleship in San Francisco US boo hoo hoo

One of our guys went to it on the wrong bleeding day travelled from Texas ...LOL

Damn muppet we never got a news report from it .

kdja

Advertisement