Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure Sports in Cork

Options
  • 31-08-2002 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

So, whats there to do in Cork ? Where have you gone , how much was it etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well theres 2 adventure sports place in Cork that i know of. one of them is the Kinsale outdoor education centre and the other is Oysterhaven. There both good, i think the kinsale one is probably cheaper cuz is partly funded by an goverment org.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

If youre having serious withdrawl symptoms you could throw yourself down a hill in Currabinny wood on a mountain bike. I've done it a couple of times and most of the time come out without injury.

If anyone from Coillte is reading, the above is a pack of lies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Originally posted by rymus
    If youre having serious withdrawl symptoms you could throw yourself down a hill in Currabinny wood on a mountain bike. I've done it a couple of times and most of the time come out without injury.

If anyone from Coillte is reading, the above is a pack of lies. :D
    Where in Cork is Currabinny wood?
    What's the place like, fast, techincal or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Currabinny wood is, funnily enough, in Currabinny. Currabinny is near Ringaskiddy (the car ferry place). If you head up the back road towards Carrigaline theres a turn off to the left (beyond Carbon Chemicals and across from Novartis). Follow that road and u'll eventually see signs for the wood.

Now having introduced the idea of downhill mountain biking I feel I should point out that I dont think its actually allowed in the wood (but whos gonna stop ya). Theres a few... lets say interesting paths you can take. There arent really all that many routes as most of the forest is overgrown. Normally (and saying that I havent been down there for ages) I take the 'beaten path'.

Must get my damn bike fixed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

walking home thru the streets of cork city late at night could be classed as an adventure sport

nehoo

a quick GOOGLE later

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement