Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combat Mission Éire

Options
  • 30-08-2002 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Good to see some Irish Combat Mission players...well, one, but hey, thats more than I thought there was. I'm sure theres more. I can't recommend this game enough...especially if you relish large scale armoured battles circa 1944. Can't get enough of them King Tigers...

The only problem I have with it is the cencorship in the European version, namely the renaming of the SS. Still, touchy subject I suppose.

Actually, if anybody is on the Rugged Defence or Blitzkrieg gaming ladder, they can find me under my call sign MiG. In the RD ladder, I'm playing a mirror game against the No.1 seed Mostro, a fierce Spaniard who doesn't mind thrashing an inexperienced, young noobie. Still, I'm pretty sure I'm giving him a run for his money...he remembers how the Irish fought in the Spanish Civil War!!! No surrender!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The demo of Combat Mission : Barbarrosa to Berlin is out on the 1st of Sept (Sunday, whooot), lookin forward to.

i'm on the blitz ladder, my nick is 'noel', a cunning alias if ever there was one. the demo on sunday has 2 scenarios in it, if they support pbem i'm willing to give you a damn good thrashing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

tip : really costly units like Tigers in small quick battles (2000pts or under) are a bad idea, smallish maps is not the place for them, try experienced MkIV TD's instead, very low profile and well sloped frontal armor. excellent ambush units, i had a single crack MkIV TD take out an entire platoon of british shermans in my last battle, thats 4 Mk2 Shermans and a Firefly :)

i know 3 other irish players, so you make it 5, hey we could have a wee tourney :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Barrack_Buster

Man, I could use all the tips I can get!

Played 2, lost 2. But I'm playing a few at the moment and things are looking up. I've learnt a few lessons the hard way. Like always give your tanks close infantry support. In my first games, I use to let a single King Tiger take a whole flank by itself. Bad idea, and it was usually taken out within seconds. Actually, there was an interesting post on the Blitz forum (I think) that argued that the Tiger isn't nearly as powerful as it should be, that during WWII Generals feared the Tiger so much that they insisted on air-strikes against them instead of taking them head on.

Blitz is a great ladder. Everybody's very friendly and the forum is great, although people are inclined to pounce on noobies for an easy win. But what can you do...I guess it happens on all ladders.

Irish tournament. Now that would be fun. Actually, Rugged Defence do a good Country Ladder. It's all very well playing people from Sweden, Finland and America, but I imagine there's nothing like beating a home grown Paddie!

Advertisement