Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA system for special event

Options
  • 30-08-2002 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi...

I'm going to be running a quiz night in a bar (maybe in a few bars... we'll see how it goes in one first) and I need to be able to amplify it...

First let me show you a diagram ;)

quiz-layout1.gif

This is a simple top-down plan.

(1: Big screen, 2: Person at desk with PC, 3: "Quizmaster" with podium and web cam, 4: five contestants with podiums, backs to big screen, 5: The audience)

The webcam, controlled by the 'quizmaster' will be moved from contestant to contestant as they are asked general knowledge questions, and will be attatched to the PC. The PC will be connected to the big screen (showing a split screen - half being the web cam image, half being the game graphics with scores, etc.). The PC will also be attatched to a PA system. Each contestant has a microphone at their podium and the presenter has a radio microphone. All these microphones need to be attatched to a PA system also.

Basically its the PA system (amp/speakers/whatever) that I need - a PA system that will take input from the output of the PC's sound-card output and SIX microphones seperately. I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money and if anyone can suggest a budget way of doing this (i.e.: with a cheapo alternative to a professional PA system that still does the job required), I'd be happy with that.

Purchasing would be preferable to renting and trade preferable to retail... the lower the price the better, naturally...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I know a guy selling a 1000w PA atm..would do the job..but ill have a look for a friend of mines number he's a sound engineer..has a good few contacts..he would be able to tell you exactly what you need and get you a reasonable price i assume it could be a week b4 i get to see him..but soon as i get his number ill PM you

all the best

NeM

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Dids me a little search on yellowpages.ie
    Heres whats me found

Music/Entertainment equipment for hire in Dublin are
    Party equipment for hire in the Dublin area

Hope that may be of some use to although you can check the site yourself and do your own search

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

*Update*

It would appear that a couple of the stores in my second link are in Co. Louth.

My bad.

Advertisement