Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldat Server

Options
  • 29-08-2002 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

soldat server up on vishnu (vishnu.ign.ie), tis a 24 man one.

seems to use bugger all resources.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

http://soldat.surrenity.com

has what u need, I'll sort out maps etc later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

its fun, but i've a few suggestions:

1) Can you change it from plain deathmatch? I would suggest either team deathmatch in Survivor mode (ie, no respawning), or plain Capture the Flag.

2) Can you limit number of players to say 12? Its pretty laggy for us in Ireland (read: europe's worst internet connection :P)

3) Is there any server setting to kick inactive players? Any time I play here there is usually 2/3rds of players not moving, reacting .. basically not playing.

Cheers

*bump* miss this rev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Had it as team deathmatch and ctf, but ppl asked for deathmatch

Well even if its on boring old deathmatch, the other two points are more important:

1) kick inactive players (60% of total on while I played the other night didn't move for about 10 rounds)

2) smaller server (12player) to facilitate 56k dialup irish players (the majority given state of Intrnt Irland)

• Advertisement
Advertisement