Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Il-2

Options
  • 28-08-2002 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Does anyone in Ireland play Il-2 ?
    any hints/tips server s?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Tis a good game, supposed to be excellent multiplayer.

Still have to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Buying it tomorrow:

You Do Need a Pacth to Play online which is about 8 megs. Supposed to be Well Worth it tho

Server:http://www.il2sturmovik.com
    Server:http://kickme.to/badbernie

I'll Let you Know how i Get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have it, but haven't played it yet.

Looks fantastic, messed around a bit, with the demo, strafing villages and convoys, looks great and feels great !

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I have it aswell. Great game, Flight Sims being a fav of mine.

The detail is amazing. You can fly a mission and then sit back and watch everything that happened in the track replay. The tanks and other ground objects are amazing. You can watch as the tanks actually rotate their barrells as you strafe over them.

Dogfights are intense and pretty much every plane from the era is recreated in stunning detail. Check out the nose gunner in the glass bubble in the front of a bomber. You can see him track targets and get shot out of the bubble.

Try firing your cannons while on the ground and your plane will actually roll backwards from the recoil.

Never played Multiplayer, crap connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

does no one just fly for the sake of flying? why do you want to blow stuff up? give me a 4 hour long haul flight from southern europe into dublin. microsoft flight simulator 2002 r0x0rz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

The patch for IL2 is about 73 MBS!!

you should get it alright

anyone interested in forming a clan getting togethere for some practice hints tips etc?

Got it Today and boy that game rocks!

Got it Today and boy that game rocks!

Gonna Need to Get the Hang of it cause its tricky with rudder action etc.

Couldnt get the Yak off the runway without Crashing at the end.. lol. The trick is to adjust the roll pitch. :(

Amen.. I'd be Interested in Setting up a Clan... But have to Get the Patch and more pratice is needed cause i'm a mega n00b :D

Will 56k do? Always wanted an Internet Multi Player Flight Sim.

Might Put up Some Funny Screen Shots Later on:

Just Some Cool Pics:
    lost.jpg

Thats My Poor Mig-3 There with a Ruptured fuel Tank. Was At about 9000 metres when it went on fire. It did a complete circle around me by the time it had Crashed and I Was on the Ground.. lol

bailout.jpg

I Really Recommend this Game

<edit> If these Pics are too Big Let me Know </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

whats the name of this game. cos this looks like quality stuff.
    Might even beat Aces over the Pacific(etc) in the best war flight sims for me :D

• Advertisement

Nice Pics Mutz,

I'd be up for a IL-2 clan. This thread has prompted me to reinstall the game and ohh why did I ever remove it from my HD.

I'm on 56k aswell.

Forgot how beautiful the game is. Check out the shockwaves(which do damage) and the cannon casings.

Strafe.jpg

Wow! Thats SOME WoopAss Your Giving out there! I Find it really hard to control the Yaw cause me Joystick has the Rudder Controls Built into the Stick itself by Twisting it :/

Whats Graphics Settings are u using? Dont think mine are that good.

Im Using 800 x 600 at 16bit it kind of Elininates the Jerking.

64mb geForce 200 mx Graphics Card
    500mhz p3
    256mb Ram

So thats 3 Interested in a Clan/ "Squadron". Need One more for a Full Sqaudron.

Dont Bother Getting the Patch until the 4th or 5th of September Because 1.2 is Out on that Date.

What you don't see is that 2 secs later my port wing got shot off and I was pushing up daisies.

1024 x 768 all details max.

Yeah, you really need rudder pedals for a game like this. I use a Saitek X36 Joystick with seperate throttle and the rudder is on a rocker swith on the throttle. Not as good as pedals but better then twisting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I only a basic MS joystick :-(
    I have to use the keyboard for rudder controls but I can still fly!!

Mutz 56k its fine for playing online I've never had any problems even with pings of 300+

as for talking off don't forget to make sure your flaps are set for take off (v twice)

put power to 100% and hit W for boost

when you get to about 50 feet above the ground retract under carriage
    picth up to about 10deg and raise flaps
    once at your required altidue hit w to turn off boats and throttle back ont heyak i think 35% is a good pwer stting
    in the ME109 you cna throttle back to abnout 23%

so anyone want to arrange a time to go online ?

Sure amen however I've moved and am waiting on Eircom to get my phone line installed.

Check out http://www.il2sturmovik.com/games_elts/tracks.php
    for tracks which you can watch and get some ideas and tips.
    They're remarkably small considering the length of time some go on for.

I'm Gonna Wait until the 1.2 Patch Comes Out to play online.

By Then I'm sure I'll have the knack of it ;)

By the Way Amen and Cheese.. Keep Posted Here. We'll try to get that off the Ground :)

1.2 is out lads. Get it here http://www.il2sturmovik.com/games_elts/updates.php

Just under 30Mb if you have version 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

getting patches now.

Have a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D.
    ha sa twsity rudder stick
    I find it's fine :)

• Advertisement

Have the Same Joystick and find the Rudders a bit too Sensitive :( Had to Change the twist action to Rudder Trim, and Now nothing is Safe :p

Now the Next thing is to Get the Download in the Next Few Days.

Got 1.2 and Am Now waiting to Fly.

You Need to Get a Program Called Hyperlobby (I Think) To Get going and View all Available Servers.

Check out this Page:

http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=498&forum=DCForumID18&omm=0

Hey Mutz, if you live in Dublin why don't you go to this lan, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62776 , and we can get a good game going.

Might be able to lure some other people to play aswell.

That Hyperlobby thing seems to be only a recommendation from that squadron and is required if you want to fly with them.

Advertisement