Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap/Free port blocking

Options
  • 28-08-2002 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

We're trying to set up a machine at work here to try at the busy times of the day to block p2p and things like streaming, i.e. bandwidth intensive activities.

So my question essentially is if anyone knows of any cheap effective port blocking firewall software. All we really need it to do is run a web cache and block ports so that p2p programs and streaming (if possible) running inside our network wont work.

Its not exactly a security issue I know but I figured you guys would know if anyone knew ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hmm.

Get thine self a dedicated box with (n) network cards conducive to how many networks you want to interface with then install.

http://www.smoothwall.org/community/home/

Smoothwall, it should be fairly painless for your first time (comparitively).

Else allow me to pimp my computer skills in this area.... for a nominal fee..... say a can of Coke or €1000 I could set up the box within 3 hours maybe less.... 3jane@eircom.net

Advertisement