Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New friendship

• 25-08-2002 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been hanging out with this girl for most of the summer. We started talking near the end of the school year. Then after the JC i got the courage to call up to her. I was very paraniod at first as I was afraid she wouldn't like me. She is a good looking girl but my main reason for calling up was the fact that she was in the same year as me, lived near so I figured we should be friends.
    We got on well and every evening I'd either go up or she'd come down etc. Basically at this stage I know she's cool with me.
    The problem is I feel we're not as comfortable as I'D like us to be. Sometimes we run out of things to talk about. I'm generally quiet by nature and I think she is too. At first I said anything but when it happens now-a-days I just leave it, not to force conversation.
    Is there anyway to get more comfortable apart from just hanging out more as that will be happening through this year, we'll probably be walking home together...
    Sorry for the little info, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Why Dont Ye all Head out with Your m8's. That will give ye somit to talk about.

Pick Reliable m8's tho, ones that won't wreck the whole thing on ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah we did alot of that today, played tennis, soccor and went bowling in the evening. Was good craic and we seemed alot more comfortable back at my house.

Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

This is a serious reply by the way.
    Watch Pulp Fiction (I mean REALLY watch it). Watch the scene where Uma Thurman and John Travolta are in the diner drinking the $5 milkshake. Then listen carefully to their conversation about "Comfortable silences" - the moments when two people can enjoy each others presence without the need for bull$hit conversation. Thought me a lot!

Originally posted by Hobnail Monkey
    This is a serious reply by the way.
    Watch Pulp Fiction (I mean REALLY watch it). Watch the scene where Uma Thurman and John Travolta are in the diner drinking the $5 milkshake. Then listen carefully to their conversation about "Comfortable silences" - the moments when two people can enjoy each others presence without the need for bull$hit conversation. Thought me a lot!

Or better yet you could learn to dance like the dance Thurman and Travolta did, i remember trying that, drunk, a long time ago :P But anyway

It sounds like you have a slight problem with shyness. Just be honest with her, if you are stuck for something to say just ask her about something that was on her mind or concerning her. Don't be afraid to talk to her, she obviously enjoys your company :) Just be yourself, speak your mind and be honest

Awwww I remember those days.... Grease!!!! or was it the other movie arggghhh can't remember :P yikes!

Yeah be honest, just tell her you like her, what have u got to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Grease? My god woman.

Oh come on Duckie dont tell me you didn't like Grease???? ;) tsk tsk

Advertisement