Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having some probs with CM01/02

Options
  • 25-08-2002 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

...It appears that every single team that I try to manage turns shoddy, and loses against the opposing team, no matter how bad they are. I've only won 1 or 2 matches in all my time playing. I was playing as Ireland today, and I got beaten 4-0 by holland! , and before that, 3-0 by the cvechs(or however thats spelt).

Im beggining to wonder what im doing wrong. I have the Ireland team set up according to what we had in the world cup (apart from Quinn, hes shoddy in it).

Any advice?
    Maybe Im just a bad influence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Its takes a lot of hard work to be a manager. i was like you always losing. Try changing tatics. Dont go all out attack Try downlaoding tatics from the CM sites.

Its part of the game design that you dont start winning all the time then its too easy.

Pratice makes perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

and I got beaten 4-0 by holland!

Holland aren't half bad ya know?
    The normally are pertty good in CM...until the next one that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

On paper, and therefore in the game, Holland are a much better team than Ireland. The Czechs arent bad either.

Try taking over as manager of Roma, then organising a friendly vs Dagenham & Redbridge or Monza. Fiver says you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Also, don't just pick the players that are in the rl squad. Look around, there is a good chance you will find better players out there.
    Oh, and it's all about tactics, having good players is only one part it's utilizing them to their fullest that will get you wins.
    Experiment with tactics and formations.
    4-4-2 might be the best formation or even a more defensive one, that allows you to counter attack. Use your wingers.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

If ur really stuck for a striker heres a brilliant one " To Madiera" bought him for less than 100k and after one season of scoring 56 goals in 69 appearences his reslae value was 9 million and u dont always have to go for big names, if ur in low division ie. div1 some no name players will do the same job or even better.
    heres a list of them for you :)

Javier Saviola - Barcelona
    Julius Aghahowa - Shakhtar [Good Signing]
    Fernando Torres - Athletico Madrid [Good Signing]
    Catanha - Celta
    Kennedy Bakircioglu - Hammarby
    Stefan Ishizaki - AIK
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ajax
    Christian Hemberg - OIS
    Kevin Hofland - PSV
    Mikael Dorsin - Djurgarden
    Cherno Samba - Millwall