Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a decent bite to eat in Cork

Options
  • 24-08-2002 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I think the thread title says it all. i used too go to this place in Paul Street, can't remember it's name but i was painted green. It's been renovated now i think. I remember now, it was Loco. I have been to an awful lot of crappy places, Gingerbread House and Scott's to name but two.

If anyone mentions BK i'll nut them :p

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[ DISCLAIMER: I'm not Lloyd Grossman by any manner of means. Your mileage may vary. Running in, please pass. ]

Went to Luigi Malone's (across from the Opera House) tonight for a munch with the buddy, and I enjoyed it immensely. Fillet steak and cocktails, sitting outside, nice and relaxed, it was great. The last time I enjoyed a meal so much was in the Titanic in Cobh, which is expensive and hi-hi, but still the berries (have a cigar and a brandy afterwards, it's worth it). So they're my two main recommendations. I went to another one recently which I quite enjoyed, up by the butter-ah, but I can't remember what it's called.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What price range are you talking about. My favourite places are The Ambassador and Eco's. The Satay Chicken in the Ambassador is yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

That's probably the Four Liars up bt the Butterah. I like it, Eco's too but very cramped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Jacobs is quite nice. They have some marvellous stuff on the menu. The steak was so so though when I got it. The fish dishes are really nice though. The deserts are also yummy.

Rossinis isn't too bad either if a little cramped in space.

Issacs is okay too, its owned by the Jacobs crowd. Food portions are okayish, menu choice isn't too great, far too crowded and noisy though. Still food is very good.

Luigis has nice food and good portions. Drinking a pitcher of long island iced tea with your meal is always a plus for me.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's probably the Four Liars up bt the Butterah.

That's the kiddy, thanks.

I like it, Eco's too but very cramped.

I've never been there, but I've heard nothing but good about it.

Drinking a pitcher of long island iced tea with your meal is always a plus for me.

Yeah, the first time I went in there it was lunch time and I had some of that. Yum!

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ecos is HELL. The only place I've ever been that has NOTHING I want (except for their deserts which are nice).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For a medium price meal I'd rec. Il Padrinos, serves Italian cuisine. It's in Cook St, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I thought the food in ECO's was yummy but, they have higher prices after 5pm. I went with a gang of people at 4.30pm, we ordered our food and when it came to paying it was nearly 6pm. They tried to charge us night time prices. They didn't get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

If you like Mexican then I'd highly recommend Cafe Mexicana, it's on Careys Lane next to Gambeinis (which is another good place to get food).
    Also Bullys on Paul St is very tasty too and very reasonably priced.

If there's anyone from Blarney or yonder direction then I suggest that you try the Thai restaurant out in Tower it's about 3 min drive from Blarney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

1) Scussies [spelling ?]

2) Gino's...pizzeria

3) Burger King >>> DOUBLE BACON WITH CHEESE, pure heaven :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, I love cafe mexicana, they do great lunches, but for Indian I'd recommend the Eastern Tandoori, beside Luigi Malones, across from the opera house, the potions are nice and large, and the price is reasonable, 60-70 for 2 depending on what you're drinking.

I don't like Issacs, I got food poisoning after eating there one ngt. I think Gambeini's charge alot for what they serve, it's nothing special tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Hillbilly's!

That place does the nicest chicken breast in a bun anywhere....

Heaven...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Chinese next on Patricks Street next to that jewelers near Winthrop Street is also yummy. I think the name is the Pearl River or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 corkchick

Gone Shootin i think scoozis is spelt this way. i would say scoozis is one of the best places in cork to eat. also great deserts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The pearl river? I think it's off Oliver Plunkett St. Would you be thinking of the Eastern Palace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ive always been partial to scoozis meself. Ide kill for a plate of their salsa wings, mmmmmmmmm. Prices are fairly decent too, it cost 5 of us €80 for starters and main coursesand drinks, plus tip of course, theyre expected there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

dont forget HILLBILLIES after clubing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

hillbillies- breast in a bun- after clubbin -nice

ECO's had a big rat problem a while back - enjoy ur phood

:)

Advertisement