Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos guitars

Options
  • 23-08-2002 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Has anybody seen the guitars in the new argos book. They like seem pretty cheap but i'm always wary or argos i don't like the way they operate. Has anybody else bought a guitar from here? Let me know Encore Dreadnought Electro Acoustic Like that seems pretty cheap compared to music shop prices. It's like EUR129 or somethin like that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

DO NOT BUY THAT GUITAR !

Get the yamaha electirc instead , Its not too bad but dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I wouldnt buy a guitar from argos, trust me , i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Yeah its cheap and playable, but you'll soon be wanting a new'er better one soon after.
    Like your guitar won't give such a 'great' sound and it won't wheild any respect, and it isn't made and 'looked' after the way the expensive ones are maybe you should save a little longer but make sure u don't get ripped off by a guitar shop either lots of them sell really ****y guitars at high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Yah thanks for that advice so. What would be a good acoustic guitar to buy at a reasonable price.? It dosen't have to be electro-acoutstic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Ya..if your going to get any guitar from Argos go for the Yamaha.
    As for an acoustic get yourself 550 euro togther and go buy a Taylor Big Baby,they have been voted the best acoustic guitar for a good few years running..lovely bright sound off em.Its worth getting together a few more quid,you realy do get what you pay for..

all the best

nem

• Advertisement

Yes but you see i don't have EUR 550 that i have lying around willing to spend on a guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Well..I worked my ass off to buy a Les Paul in 97 it cost 1500 irish at the time and ,I will have that guitar FOREVER .Im sure you can pick up a 'reasonable' acoustic anywhere.

Im not saying turn into the guitar equivialnt of a 'label head' what I am saying is if you want to take it seriously get the right tools.A Taylor Big Baby is a versitile guitar, good for beginners and good for advanced players too.

Look at it this way..you are only gonna be replacing whatever you buy now in 2 - 3 years or less depending on how you get on or if you stick with playing,so why not invest now and save yourself a few quid in the future..

all the best

NeM

Hey U never thought of it that way thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Of course the other side of that is if you spend a big amount of money on a guitar and it turns out you dont enjoy it you may feel a bit of a fool.

Try Waltons, they have a good selection of low end guitars or musician inc. if you want to spend a bit more.

Don't buy from argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

I played the elec. guitar in argos, and it sounds fine. Maybe not good enough for advanced players but certainly a great guitar for budding guitarists

• Advertisement
Advertisement