Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA and GameCube connectivity

Options
  • 23-08-2002 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

i have a gameboy advance and i will be buying a gamecube in the couple of weeks.
    my question is, are there any games released yet that are compatible with the gamecube.
    i have seen the write ups about GBA games being linked to the gamecube. maybe offering extra functionality.
    so does anyone know of future or current games that can be linked to the Cube.
    i'm expecting nintendo to release a pokémon game that will have this but i'm looking for something a bit more than another pokémon game from nintendo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sonic is the only one I know of.

You need a game which reconises the GBA, you can't just plug in the GBA as an extra controller (mores the pity).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The upcoming Metroid game for Gamecube will support it with the Metroid Fusion game for GBA which are released on the same day.
    Not sure how they willl communicate yet though.

And some other game that was originally Kirby's tilt and tumble will. It's called something else now. Thats all i can think off of the top of my head. It's a bit of a novelty item i think.... But the connecting cable is fairly cheap as far as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The only games you can link now is sonic advance and sonic adventure 2
    It kinda sucks tho cuz the only thing u can do is exchange chao data between the 2 which is a bit boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

the FF games on the game cube are going to be using it (suposidly).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I heard that the GBA will be required if you want to play the GC version of Final Fantasy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement