Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crush

Options
  • 22-08-2002 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

i have a crush on sumone but dnt kno how to go about telling her!!! what will i do??? help is needed!!!

thanks
    aftershock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Talk to the person and ask them how they feel about you? Are you good friends with them at the moment? You have to tell us a little bit more about your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ask her if she would like to go for a coffee.
    at least if shes willing to meet you in a one-on-one situation you know shes interested enough in you to spend a little time getting to know you.
    take it slow and easy, if you get on fine, then tell her it was nice to spend time talking angetting to know her better and ask if shed like to meet up again sometime.
    if she says yes, then i dont think you have to go down the 'i fancy you' route, beucase you already have something going on.
    if not, then save your voice becuase she isnt too interested.
    thee things tend to sort themselves out if you are just a little pro-active.
    just dont sit back and hope that she will come up to you out of the blue and demand rampant sex, coz it wont happen.

order a latte, theyre nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I agree with wwm just ask her casually if she would like to go out ,say the cinemna a drink or something,if she says yes and is willing to meet you on your own she's intrested,you can then take it from there.

Stumbling up to her drunk and confessing your love mite work,but i wouldnt risk it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

How do you know her - if you've got a common medium like work or college or something, that'll help you break the ice per se. After that.....well, crushes are difficult things to deal with. Depends on what you like about her really. If you like her company, spend more time around her. If you want her body on the other hand, yer on yer own mate, I still can't figure women out after all these years. I just usually bombard them with attention and compliments, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Oh yeah, don't rush things either......unless she's a fox and you think someone else is sniffing around her too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

Yea not too bad advice. but what if you fancy a bird in work. Have never talked nor does it seem that i will a chance to. Is an email asking her if she wants to go for a coffee out of order is that a no-no in regards to email ethic?

• Advertisement

yea thats pretty lame to ask a girl out by e-mail that you have never talked to!,

If you work with her is there no way you can talk to her about something? anything,make up a work related problem and ask her about it? its a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

yea, i guess it is pretty lame. I do work in support so maybe I could go and sabotage her computer. I am only working in the company on a short term contract so i am a bit worried that it will end before i get a chance to talk to her. also another issue. When i first joined i was checking her out and she was flirting back but since then she has averted my gaze. Is she just playing hard to get or perhaps she is not interested anymore?

Sounds like she could be intrested you should have went in for the kill when you were flirting with each other.

You should still go for it,but ask her in person not by e-mail,sure what have you got to lose your only there on a short term contract.

You never know that could be your future wife that your all nervous to ask out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Sposs
    you should have went in for the kill when you were flirting with each other.

words of wisdon from casanova

I'll overlook the sarcasm and say thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

You should really just take her aside sometime and tell her.

Failing that you could take the patented iMP way out an never tell her/ask her out and be lonely forever.

Your choice!!

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by imp
    Failing that you could take the patented iMP way out an never tell her/ask her out and be lonely forever.

Works for me :D

/me drinks ten bottles of whiskey to make his crippling depression seem less severe

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'm in the same boat as you aftershock.
    not sure whether to bother asking this fox out or not, she's going on her hols next week, and i'll be going back to college a few days after she gets back...
    it's wrecking my head
    (unreged for this cos i use boards on my bosses pc every now & again, and he knows my nickname)

Advertisement