Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow GAA poverty

Options
  • 21-08-2002 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

This is a bit of a gripe I have with my home county.....

I don't know much about GAA but I've been working in an office with people from all round the country and naturally talk has centred round the Championship.

Why are Wicklow so rubbish at Gaelic games?!? Have they ever been any good?

I'd love to be able to follow the team and see them in Croker but they never bloody get there! A case in point...the football team were up against Kerry this year, I had a bit of banter with the Kerrywoman in the office...looking forward to it and all that:

Final score - Kerry 5-15 Wicklow 0-7

wtf?!?!

It's not like it's a small county...I mean, look at the size of Kilkenny and the hurling team they have.

Ok, as I said before, I have very limited knowledge about this topic so if anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Am no expert on the ol gaa, infact i never really seen the point. Sacrilegious i hear you say, no it just never tickled my fancy.

I thought the juniors were doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

The Juniors done very well this year. Only trained once or twice at the most. Just goes to show it not all about fitness..
    I happened to be at a presentation of medals by John O Leary and he told the audience that the team he had last year, he had to show some of them the basics skills again as he felt they were not up to scratch. In this light he said that Wicklow will not win a leinster for a good few years. But that was not to stop the clubs from trying and concentrate on the young lads and work from there.
    A thankless job he has though.
    Look at Donald Mc. (junior team boss), he is a hero because they went the whole way. But if they were knocked out no one would have noticed…..

Advertisement