Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Metal/punk Tunings

Options
  • 20-08-2002 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

What does everyone else use?

ive been messing around with Drop D and CGCFAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Standard tuning is best for punk, dropped d for metal mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i do usually use standard, but lately ive been messing around trying to get new sounds out of the g-tar, drop C is very unusual but sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Standard tuning is best for punk, dropped d for metal mostly.
    well if that's the case, im intrigued as to what you class as metal. there are very few metal bands who use drop tunings, the only one i can think of offhand is Nile, but they're a special case, mother****ers play in drop A.

most metal bands play in a standard tuning, usually E, D, or B.

a lot of nu-metal & metalcore bands play in drop D & C. i'm not sure, but i think Slipknot play in something which is at least closely resembling drop B, or drop Bb.

personally i prefer to play in D when playing metal.

EDIT: incidentally, the entirity of Opeth's new album seems to be in either drop or open D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i've been messing with F Bb Eb Ab C C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

^^ F1 or F2? coz if it's the former, i was gonna ask if you've been listening to a lot of Meshuggah lately :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Jasus this thread is old. We use Drop D by the way :p

Advertisement