Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bad dating idea.. or is it?

Options
  • 20-08-2002 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Here's my story:

Two years ago, I really liked this girl. We were friends, not too close. I asked her out, with probably bad timing, as her crush was moving away (who also happened to be my best friend at the time.)

Since then, me and this girl are really close, practically best friends. I'm realizing that I'm madly in love with her again. I even have reason to believe she likes me too. But the trouble is that I'm going to college in two days. I want to ask her out, but don't want to live three hours away from her should she share my feelings.

Do I tell her my feelings for her? Or would it be best to leave things as they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tell her you love her. you will regret it otherwise.
    ask her out. if she wants to but is hesitant about time etc, then convince her.
    go out with each other for 4 weeks.
    discover that college is brilliant fun, that there are loads of gorgeous women there.
    do the dirt.
    break it off.
    realise that there is more in the world than you ever thought possible.

this is the learning curve we all go though, roughly speaking.
    i say go for it as its important to follow things though in life, but you will discover that there is another wolrd out there. especially in college where its lots of fun and there are people there who you will find very attractive.
    go forth and enjoy your college days.

oh, and i know this doesnt help you, but its still right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

I'd hav to go wit wat WhiteWashMan said you wont reget it. :)

This might sound bad but she would probely do the same to you given the chance :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

FFS cant people make there own minds up anymore without "boards.ie love advice. Do what ever the hell you like, its all part of growing up , the world wont end if she rejects you.

Every thread in PI latley seems to read like something out of a pre-teen girls magazine (not that i read them !!) Its failry pathetic if you ask me.

Weve all gone through that sh1te and guess what ?We are still here ,
    " boo hoo hoo i like this girl but she might not like me boo hoo ooooohhh woe is me , what a world what a world !!!!"

Sorry guys i genuinely like PI and there is good advice to be had but all this "does she like me ?" "should i ask her" crap is getting tiresome

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Darth Homer, most of the time people feel better just from having told someone (anyone) their problem. If it helps them in any way (especially if they actually get some good advice), then this board fulfils its purpose. If you don't like it, keep in mind noone forces you to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I thought no-one would be so pedantic as to comment on my spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

as far as i know noone is a word.

As far as i remember is is also in a few Tom Clancy books.

so this may mean that it is a word in american english-dunno

but it has definitly been in a few books that i have read, which means that at least the author, editor, proofreader(s) and the spell checker got it wrong, a few times

oh and ask her out, then do her sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    excuse my pedanitcness........
    excuse your pedantry........

Mmmm... and mine.

Advertisement