Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Mythology Beta

Options
  • 19-08-2002 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Got my CD in the post this morning! Who else got one today?

Cant wait to get home and play it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

where'd ya get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

vagga, you're all an official beta tester arent u?

I heard age of mythology is sposed to be pretty mental, let us know what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

It is really fun, different to any RTS you have played before.

Main differences to AoC:

- 3 civilisations with completely different buildings, villagers!, and tech trees. There is 3 civs within each main civ you can pick, making a totla of 9 civs.

- No more stone, but a new resourse favour, which is gathered ion different ways for the 3 main civs.

- Town centers can only be built on certain spots, in a 1v1 game there is 8 TC spots on the map.

- Spells, when you upgrade to the next era, 2 pictures comes up on the screen, asking you to pick between 2 different gods to worship. Each god has its own unique bonuses, and a spell. Spells are great fun, one of my favourites, is the earthquake, you pick a spot on the map and earthquake it, all enemy buildings in the area start to shake and crumble, and the ground ripples like water, great to watch.

- flying units

- 3d graphics, like EE but much better

- TC fire arrows automatically

... and much much more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

/me drools while wetting myself

Advertisement