Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Park IRL!!

Options
  • 19-08-2002 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

A japenese company intends to use mammoth sperm to bring the old beast back to life :)

Not *quite* Jurassic i know....
    But getting there ;)

Here's the article in todays indo :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Why would you want to bring them back to life they can hardly be used as domestic pets and we're not gonna eat them.. they would probably eat us :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

I seem to remember this coming up before (roughly after Dolly the sheep). Some guy wanted to use perserved mammoth DNA and insert it into an elephant egg (using another elephant as the surrogate). There wasn't any progress after that as far as I know (one short news bit in NewScientist was all I ever read about it).

Now a days though we know that cloning just isn't that simple, so the result won't quite be a mammoth or an elephant.

Fade to credits
    Scipio_major

PS: am I the only who sees IRL as the abveriation for Ireland all the time and sees irl as "in real life"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by scipio_major

PS: am I the only who sees IRL as the abveriation for Ireland all the time and sees irl as "in real life"?

Nope I thought it was Jurassic Park Ireland too.

What are they gonna try and bring back next, Sabre Tooth Tigers and Dodos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

*guilty also*

thats making a little bit more sense now!

Advertisement