Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISP?

Options
  • 18-08-2002 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

This is just a general question on how good some ISP's are compared to others in the Greater Cavan area. (Lavey. No, I jest)

As we know, the quality of the lines are not that great anywhere in the country outside of urban centres, so what is the average speed of connection for you, do you have multiple dial-ups to other ISP's, and if so, which is bad, rotten, not so bad and useable? Please quote the POP name/number you connect to.

I'll start off, I almost always use UTV on the 1890 number, far more reilable than Eircom, Indigo and IOL, both Sub and Free for each. 56k modem, best is 33.6. Same modem and 'puter in Dublin, best 52k on SNL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

im on eircom sub dialup with 56k

get top download rates of 5.4k/s, average of about 5k/s

ping on cs is about 170ish to irish servers and 230 max on english. quite playable.

im happy with it for whats available but the lines are poo and can give bad service from time to time.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Zyox
    im on eircom sub dialup with 56k

get top download rates of 5.4k/s, average of about 5k/s

ping on cs is about 170ish to irish servers and 230 max on english. quite playable.

im happy with it for whats available but the lines are poo and can give bad service from time to time.
    Same for me...

Advertisement