Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Server boards.ie module

Options
  • 16-08-2002 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

now that the server vault bug seems to be sortted I was thinking it might be worth our while putting up a a second NWN server, but this one as a persistent module.

But the catch is I dont want to have to do all the work (me is lazy admin), so what I was thinking is that we take turns on working with the module. Anyone who wants can work on module, I'll allow people to 'check out' the module for a a time say 2-4 days, after which I'll do a quick review and upload the file to the server.

Mantel expressed an interest so he has control until monday evening, at which point I'll upload any changes he made.

as a starting point we're using the following file :
    http://www.darkkeep.com/files/neverwinternights/modules/bramblemire.mod

its not pretty I was only playing around with it when I started but I kind of have grown fond of it. Its currently running on the test server (5122).

So what you think, comment ppl. good bad ? should we make the server hard core ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 r0sc0

hard core is good :) but whatever you want is fine with me, as long as teddy doesnt use my tail end as a sex toy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Well I have to say don't expect too much from me, I just opened the toolset thing, poked it and went "Ug".

Although I did see something that might be useful in a persistant world, A mineing script! :)http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=110324&forum=47 looks like fun, and Beholders, yes plenty of them when they are done.

And something about scaleing models, you could make baby dragons :) (Teddy Jnr) and shiney stuff, lots of shiney stuff, if I get around to useing the toolset and not browseing the nwn forums looking for stuff to put in.

Well I slaved over a hot toolset today, one that decided it felt like crashing or throwing up strange errors every few minutes. Seems strangely addictive, once I got into it was quite easy to do the most things.

More importanly I see a new module on the main server, anyone gave it a good going over yet?

weeeeeeee! Rev has put up the slightly modified Bramblemire on the second server now :)

If only the fecking toolset didn't keep crashing on me :( I'd pile it full of shiney things.

Advertisement