Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the morning after the night before

Options
  • 15-08-2002 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

god my head hurts!!!
    last nite is very much a drunken blur..........i woke up this morning with some blokes watch in the pocket of my jeans,.....which i was still wearing for some reason, even though i had the top of my pyjama's on!!! hmmmmm strange.

im sure we'll see the usual rubbish in the papers today condemning alcohol and all its evilness when it comes to leaving cert night. (ya gotta love those pics of ppl *lounging* in stephens green!)

anyway, does anybody have any funny/disgusting/sad stories about what they or others got up to last night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just went to Tram Co's in Rathmines. Free in and no hassle with waiting in line for tickets or anything like that! Lots of leaving cert ppl there so it was cool! Pity the music was utter ****!

Spent like 45 in there on drnk but had been in and out of the pubs all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

on way home from town couldn't resist visiting old school one last time and ended up introducing the windows to rocks.

Managed to spen 80 yoyos and not get too ****ed Dam tolerence of alchol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

It was worth tolerating the sheer volume of scangers in Gigis for the sake of €2:50 drinks for half the night....
    A bit steep with the €13 in but t'was something of a large one with that beer garden/barbecue area and all...
    Even with the cheap gargle I managed to spend about €80 lol nice one...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Went to gi gi's myself,
    God that place is terrible, it was jammers, didn't find out about the barbeques in the back and seats till around 1:30am, I knew I was smelling nice food all night,
    The prices of the drink were good, pings were 1.90 with 2.50 a bottle, Pitty the bottles were at room temperature though :(
    Reminded me of an under 18's at times with all the underage people there.. the berr garden had much older people, was an alright night..

see yer man getting battered by yer wan outside?
    rofl it was funny :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by sc317
    A bit steep with the €13 in but t'was something of a large one with

Ah here, was probberly one of the cheapest though..
    Palace=€15
    Shooters=€24.50
    mono=€15-20
    Temple=€15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'm working on site in Nottingham this week and last night our producer turned up for a meeting and took us out on the town afterwards, with his company credit card :D. I didn't have to put my hand in my pocket all night, must have drank well over £50 worth. On the down side we didn't get back to the hotel until 3.30 am, and we had to get up for work at 8.30 this morning, so I've been mostly staring blankly at my screen so far today and wishing I was in bed, but I'm feeling a bit better now, well enough to post on boards, I might even do some work now!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm still ****ing pissed off after wednesday night. The results were good don't get me wrong but the night was one I'd rather forget. We wen't to Canningstown (a little bogger pub in the middle of Co. Cavan), it was pretty good I must say the pints were lovely.

But then at midnight, when we were planning on going to the Fiddlers in Carrickmacross the busses pulled up. I thought this is great its gonna be some night. But when I was about to get on the second bus the bus driver said it was full even though there was plenty of room on the bus. They all left on the bus leaving ten of us in Canningstown. We all thought, ah its only a matter of getting another taxi to Carrick. But they were all busy or not answering. We had absolutely no one to leave us over to the Fiddlers or even home. We ended up spending the next three hours of our results night in a empty pub in the middle of nowhere. We all had to walk seven miles to my hometown of Shercock (save the jokes for another time please). And I didn't get home til about five. I had to get up at 8 the next morning to get a bus (not the same one, a good one) up to Dublin and I was not one bit happy.

:mad: :mad:
    COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SUGGEST A WAY OF GETTING REVENGE ON THIS TAXI?!
    :mad: :mad:

I have one idea at the moment and it is to book her to go up to Dublin airport and pretend we are foreigners when we ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Originally posted by Bloody Drunkard
    on way home from town couldn't resist visiting old school one last time and ended up introducing the windows to rocks.

One word:

rofl :eek:

Note: I do not condone violence in any shape or form, I merely find the suggestion of rocks being introduced to windows amusing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Anybody else try to get served in The Bleeding Horse? A group of us went in there (all over 18) and they just refused to serve us, even though we showed the barman our IDs.
    Evil pub: "The Management just called five minutes ago to tell us not to serve any drinks"
    Us: "any drinks...to anybody?"
    Evil pub: "Err, no just yous"

So then we asked him could we get soft drinks and he said "no, sorry" then after about 5 minutes he told us to leave. Mean or what?

Ah well apart from that it was a good night, it's pretty cool going out with your whole class...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah most pub's wouldnt server anyone who did there leaving. You had to get into the place early (as i did :)). But like you werent planning on staying there the whole night were you ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

No, we just wanted a few drinks before heading off to the real party (mono) , a few quiet drinks is all we wanted :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Bloody Drunkard

I find that quite hard to believe, you were always so damn quiet!

Advertisement