Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlons

Options
  • 12-08-2002 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Just did my first triathlon at the weekend (Saturday morning).

It was quite a short one - 400m swim, 20km bike and a 5km run. Took me 1:22:48 (came 122nd out of 800+).

I'm reasonably pleased with how it went - I'm a crap swimmer, and I ended up doing the bike leg on my XC bike - i.e. front suspension and big knobbly tires.

Might just have to do some more... especially as I was beaten by my better half (by a whole two minutes). I need to reclaim some pride :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Not a bad time for your first shot at all. Nice going.

My run is what has let me down generally and the type of training I'm on now is certainly not going to make me any lighter on my feet - hence I will be spectating on this years Triathlon.

Pick yourself a lightweight bike with slick treads and you'll be flying for your next one I'm sure.

Did you get to practice the course much in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

It was for a charity thing in my case www.sportingproud.org

It is an annual event held in Brittas - full Olympic distance and well organised.

There is a link in the sticky and Im sure a search on google will give you more info on clubs and city triathlons.

As for the bike - varies hugely - really couldn't say.

Advertisement