Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best WW2 game?

Options
  • 11-08-2002 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I was wondering whats everybody's favourite WW2 game,

One of my fav's has to be hidden and dangerous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Combat Mission - Beyond Overlord (best pbem ww2 game anyways)
    Steel Panthers - World At War (best single player)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Hidden and Dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Sudden Strike? D-Day rampage and thru Europe we go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Barrack_Buster

Combat Mission:BO is the best if you're into very tactical battles. Might be a bit slow for some people though. There's loads of ladders and clubs to get opponents for pbem. You can also play network, but I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

The best game outside of the flacyness/bugs is hidden and dangerous. I have played every level uncountable times and everytime was a kick as I would approach it from a different angle....

why can't mohaa be as interactive and have such a varied play in the same level - although i play it like mad (as I am still waiting on H&D 2) it's a bit linear.... on the less this comes in second place.

Anyhow that's my bit... if anyone ever fancies a H&D revival session... let me know... i've never played it in multiplay...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

WW2ol hands down, only for people who have patience or like flight sims tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Hidden and Dangerous Delux fixes all the bugs so if you never got the original get it. mohaa is probably the best for no brains shooting. the best "war game" is allied assault, very very good. you can get the demo at www.battlefront.com if i had the cash id get the whole thing. its a real time-turn based tile based free moving strategy game(stop the contradictions). it redefines the war game concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

hey duke how the hell do you complete the level where your about to take off on the transport but you have to destroy the chasing tanks and infanrty before you can board the plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

hi tails... re you question, with great difficulty.... it is the most difficult level of the entire game... I finally managed to play through it by bazook'ing the two tanks (there is ammo on the runway), then placing one guy in the first MG42 and the other at the back MG42. Then I take the guy with the machine gun (belt ammo weapon - I forget the name of it) and just fire at anything that moves.... you'll inevitably loose some guys... may even take a few tries... to be honest, I cheated the first time and only went back to it later...

Note: one of the strange things in H&D is that if you stock up loads of ammo and X weapons and take these X weapon into a battle\level all of the "stocked" ammo disappears. Thus, always keep one gun in the stock.... took me a while to figure this out...

Advertisement