Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friend Problems...

• 11-08-2002 3:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This last year I made really good friends with someone. We told each other almost everything, and I thought wed be friends forever.
    One day when I was over my friend Anne's* house and were flipping through her photo album. We were talking about people, and I told her that my best friend wasnt that pretty. I mean thats not that big of a deal. Sure its gossip, but she was always acting like she was all that and that I was so much lower than her. it had just started to bother me.
    So in about two weeks the three of us hang out again, this time at Mel's* house. We play video games and talk and hang out, then Anne leaves the house. Mel seemed to be a lil mad about something, so I asked her what was up. She told me that Anne had told her about what I said a month or two ago. she made a huge ordeal over it. She said i was a horrible friend, that I lie, that I am bitch, and just leaves me in her living room. So she goes up stairs and leaves me sitting there, and by this point im basically balling my eyes out because I pretty much lost my best friend. So then my mom comes, we sort of talk things over, we hug, and then I leave. The really bad thing about this is that she said she had forgiven me....
    Anyways, I get home, go on-line, and shes on. I say hi, and she says, "eh leave me alone u lie" ok so when did i lie? she lied when she said she had forgiven me.
    A few of the people we both know didnt trust me and started calling me a gossip queen. So i talk to her about it and she tells me to go to hell. hmm...
    later on that year we talked things over and by then she wasnt mad about anymore, so we were friends again.

many months go by...

summer is here and we dont see each other all summer...

So im talking to one of her friends on line and this is what happened:

She went to the movies with this one guy (first date) and she ends up flirting with her best friends boyfriend, giving some annoymous guy her phone #, and kissed the guy that she was going out with at the movies. (first flirted, #, kissed)....then...
    She was found outside FYE tounging her best friends boyfriend and taking off his shirt. Ive heard this from more than one person, so its not like a rumor.

Previously i had trouble with thinking that we werent friends anymore. She had become distant, and we didnt really talk anymore. So i confront her about it and she thinks that I have been distant to. So were cool.

Other things to consider: She gave me a bad reputation with some people,(a slut, because she dresses pretty suggestively) and stabbed me in the back a few times, and lied about me behind my back...
    So.....
    Basically my question is...
    Should i still be her friend????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

u stole my name!!!!!o well. no get rid of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nope, drop her like a hot rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

someone like that doesntb deserve to have friends
    drop her i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Keno2

Agreed, just leave her be. Dont waste your time with people like that. Her antics will only leave you feeling bad and wondering if YOU'RE being a good friend to HER...when really thats what she should be asking herself (and she never will). There are too many good people in the world for you to have to put up with that nonsense.

imho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Id drop her like a rock and be done with her.

Then casualy mention that the reasion you said she wasnt pretty is because she made a pass at you one time and your not into that sort of thing.Drop this bombshell on people who are friends with the folks who think your a slut.Her rep will be screwed bigtime and these people will now thing your the wounded party in all of this.

There's nothing in life that cant be sorted through the use of revenge and a few well placed lies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eh yeah what everyone else said!!! Oh and stop stealing peoples names!! If you come back as Saruman2 i will be might annoyed :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Saruman2

I so know what you mean :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Venom
    Then casualy mention that the reasion you said she wasnt pretty is because she made a pass at you on time and you not into that sort of thing.
    There's nothing in life that cant be sorted through the use of revenge and a few well placed lies :)

LOL - I really hope you never decide to dislike me Venom!! :D

EvenStar, with friends like that, who needs enemies?? she's a waste of space and your time is too precious to spend it on people like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That would never happen dear :)

Originally posted by Saruman2
    I so know what you mean :)

Oh your asking for it now!! You even stole my sig..... Grr.....

And Venom too!!

• Advertisement

Er what did I do bub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Obviously this girl only thinks about herself so don't waste any time or energy on her. Find a friend who care's more about you as her friend than her looks.

Originally posted by Venom
    Er what did I do bub?

Not you (real) venom.. the unregistered muppet stole Evenstar, mine and your online name!!

No that was me :)

Work pc kinda does nuts everynow and then.

ah... :D

Well she still stole 2 other names.. though in fairness i did dare her to steal mine and call herself Saruman2 so i was asking for it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

In future we may have to have the rule that if an unregistered poster posts as a registered name - the registered name will have power over the unregistered post even if it wasn't their post. Therefore if anyone falsely posts under someones name - this someone can have it removed etc etc.

You pesky kids! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ha ha i didnt steal it... i borrowed it*

Sorry for all the trouble.

*then I edited it -Gordon

Evenstar the guest, stop using other people's nicks.

How many times do you need to be told its out of order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

back on track...

friends come and go.
    its natural.

you are anot obliged to stand by someone you feel has let you down etc etc etc.
    a reral friend is someone that you do stand by when they let you down. or who tells you its ok and welcomes you back when youve made a fúck up of your life and you crawl back with your tail between your legs.
    friendship is a two-way thing.
    and its hard to maintain a friendship over time. it takes time and energy.
    if you feel that its not worth it, then it probably isnt. if you are not getting what you want out of a friendship, then whats the point?

i wouldnt bother withthe hot potatoe droppage approach, just be pleasant, never say anything bad about them, be nutral, but just dont bother to go out with them, call them etc.

and from your post, it sounds like this is already happening.
    the biggest part is not to feel guilty becuase you havent kept your part of some secret best friendship pact.
    people drift. you sound young, and people drift more during their teens becuase they change so much.
    stop worrying. its nothing you can change. just move on and remember the fond times.
    hah! wait til you break up with your first real love. you think losing a friend is hard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by EvenStar
    Sure its gossip, but she was always acting like she was all that and that I was so much lower than her. it had just started to bother me.

that says it all...a true friend wouldnt make u feel like that. like WWM says, the friendship is already starting to drift apart, so just let it follow that course!

• Advertisement
Advertisement