Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sg

Options
  • 10-08-2002 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

My Sg keeps tiping forward when i am not playing it and have it on the strap round my neck. The neck of the guitar points at the ground if i dont hold it up. Is there anything i can do to prevent this? And why is it doing it anyway?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 markc

I don't have an SG but what kind of strap do you have? A felt or suade strap should keep the guitar upright when you do not have the neck held.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

This seems to happen with SG's alright, you can get a strap which not only connects at both guitar thingys but goes under your left shoulder to connect to itself 'harnessing' the guitar into place, and it won't move much.
    Alternatively tighten your strap and see if that helps.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe add some velcro strips to your strap to hold it in place (off your clothes) or get a strap that's velvety/suedey (as markc suggested) and you should be set.

Sometimes happens on guitars that have a light body and heavyish neck. It's not something to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just hold the thing up with your hands, seem to be the obvious answer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

why does my diggerydoo smell funny on the inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Uh Oh, looks like somebody is trying to use the drainage pipe for the toilet as a musical instrument again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

Sorry about resurecting this thread, but i still have my problem, i have filled the guitar with lead ( was better but nearly broke my back) messed with the strap for hours and still nothing i emailed the manufacturer and got this reply
    Quote.
    Thank you for your E-mail regarding the VS6CG. With the strap button on the hell, as most people prefer, the guitar is slightly neck heavy. This can be corrected by fitting a strap button to the bass horn of the body.
    Quote.
    Can it?
    and i dident know most people liked their guitar tipping forward.
    thanks

p.s. Thaks for previous replys

Advertisement