Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singing and guitar

Options
  • 09-08-2002 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any tips on playing guitar and singing at the same time? Plus does anyone have any site that teach you the basics of singing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

im a firm believer in you either have it or you dont.tbh
    try singing along with some tunes then try to recreate the song on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I can sing well. My friends said I could at least. I just have a problom of going REALLY high and playing at the same time. I ondly have a problom with metallica's: Nothing else matters and pantera's:Planet caravan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just keep trying. Thats all I can say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Ok I learnt how to sing and player guitar at the same time a number of months ago. It took me awhile to get the idea of how to do it but after that it's now TOO hard. Singing now, well thats hard. I can't sing very well but I did goto singing leasons for awhile so I can give you pointers on it if you like.
    Anyway to sing and play, first of choose an easy song on guitar. My first was hitchin a ride by greenday. It was the same rytheme pretty much all the time. Be able to play it without thinking really. Then learn the words to the song. That was the one thing that stopped me for ages. Trying to play and sing while reading the words doesn't work. After you can sing the song and play it blindfolded (not actually blindfolded but you know what I mean) then try playing it and sing where you can. It gets very very fustrating after a while for till you get the first song or two so take a small break after running throught the song a few times. I also found it better to just play the same song over and over and over when learning it. That is while your learning it don't change to a different song every time you have finished.
    It also helps to have the song on in the background while you are learning. When you feel comfortable enough turn it off and play. You should be able to play the song without it on aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Thanks. All the better because I love that song. Now trying to find somewhere to sing whithout being slagged.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I normally sang in my room when no one was home when i started cause I know how bad it can be doing it in front of people, I've made an ass of myself in front of 400 people. Good laugh though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Well i belive i can't sing and i defenitely can't sing and play guitar but i hear
    system of a down - aerials
    Is a good song to try and sing and play to as the rythm to playing and singing is the same so this should be true of other songs.

If your looking for a place to sing without being slaged try waiting until every1 goes out or alternatively the shower ... like most ppl.

Well i belive i can't sing and i defenitely can't sing and play guitar but i hear
    System of a down

System of a down stuff is hard enough to sing without playing. They have like a seprate singer guitar for a reason. He does weird things with his voice that would be almost impossible to do when playing guitar. IF yo ever watch him playing live or even in the videos he moves his back to get the weird chest voice noise that he does sometime. Ok I'm pretty sure there ain't any of it in aerials but don't even bother trying.
    Anyway system's stuff is best for the jumping around playing guitar bit

Advertisement