Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank loan system ur input needed

Options
  • 08-08-2002 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Well basically i think that it should be change because i can see possible abuse of it. i dont want to get half way in to game for someone to ruin it. atm its like.

Maximum loan allowed (25000000000% of net worth)

All loans incur a one-time fee of 1000% of total loan amount. Additionally, you will be charged 0.06% in interests each turn until you repay.

i think that is just a bit unfair tested it yesterday got loan of like 1 million had to pay back 10 million.

so what i need from ye is %ages to replace the current ones.

i am thinking myself something like 25% of net worth and after that i dunno tbh, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I dont think this should really be in the game.

I went and borrowed 3000000000000 (and of course owe a ton more than that back)

And I now have a massive ship, loads of colonists and could easily have 30 systems full of planets, colonists all fully defended and take out anyone in the game I wanted.

Admittedly id have a crap score, but id be well 'ard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BlkKnight

IMHO the bank loan system as you have it is severly flawed.

I just borrowed (enough to make me 30 on everything & 45 on computer), which has reallf fooked up the game. . . i can now go around killing everything.

As other people have founf this "flaw" i suggest a reset and set it to 25% of net worth.

interest rate is about right. . . perhaps abit lower? 0.03 per turn?

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Get rid of it. As was pointed out, we can build ourselves up very quickly (esp. at the start) by taking out a huge loan, building up our hull and trading to pay it off - or else building up our armaments, and taking a load of peoples planets. I only found out how to take out a loan today, because I haven't used my IGB much.

I think we are all in agreement. . . .

Please remove & reset? It's runined the game.

Have you patched to 0.41 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I really think this option should be taken out.... i feel that it will kill the game...

if you check my ship i just got level 40 hull and level 25 everything else in about 5 min....

this opion will give those twats that cheated last time and easier way to ruin the game.....

i am also building planets up to max really quickly.....
    sectors 1520 to 1524...
    full of planets with max colonists and 19million fighters and torps on each of them....

granted i owe a lot of money :( Total Current Loan : 19,478,349,838,933,920 C i'll be sending around the collection plate later for donations :D

this is how the game will be ruined if this option is left in....

• Advertisement

LOL have you noticed that you can't capture any occupied planet?

Planet destroyed August 10 2002 19:37

Your planet <> in sector <> was captured in battle by BlkKnight. Fortunately, the strong loyalty of your citizens played in your favor. They have bravely chosen to destroy the planet rather than have it fall into enemy hands. You organize superb funerals in the memory of your faithful people.
    Repeat this a few times, I didn't think anyone else had the capacity to defeat my planets (my mistake, I didn't factor the loan system in).

My people are just very loyal to me :p. Nah, it doesn't happen *everytime* but it is strange that it should happen for all the planets you took.

I think we should ban loans altogether (as mentioned above). It is just too easy for peeps to build up armaments, forget about the loan and lay waste all around without ever having to worry about paying it back. Additionally, if a person was part of an alliance, he can destroy all the alliances opponents - thus making this alliance an easy winner.

if you cjeck out sector 1520 planet 4 i managed to put 2 billion fighters and torps on to it !

the reason i couldn't take the planet is vbacause my net worth is messed up.

My net worth has to be within 25% of your planet

Because i've taken such a MASSIVE loan, my net worth is - (lots) of money

i just defeated your base (number 4) and left the rest intact ;-)

• Advertisement

I am now activle seeking and destroying "Kraken"'s planets.

Please let me know if you find any.

Maby this'll get the server reset quick? - Not that i'm having a go, but i enjoy your server, and would like to see it running at the optimum.

I've done 5 so far. . . . each was tech 30, 100 mill pop with 1000mill creds

If any of you are from the UK, Please check out my site you might find it interesting. . . .

www.lanse.co.uk

Originally posted by BlkKnight
    i just defeated your base (number 4) and left the rest intact ;-)

How????

well. . .

I was at tech 23 with 4 planets b4 i tool out the loan. . . i was already worth quite alot......

The loan system will allow you to borrow 250000000 x your net worth. and as i was fairly powerful to start with it allowed me to borrow **** loads.

I'm on tech 29 on everything except fighters which are on 43

J

that might explain why... job well done.... did ya manage to pay off your loan yet :P

i'm getting there. . . i'm steadily taking over the webmasters planets. . . .

If you know of any let me know.

I'm not attacking anyone else unless they've used the loan system BTW (you can tell fairly easily).

I'm looking for planets owned by "Kraken"

J

oops kraken dead

Originally posted by BlkKnight:

I'm not attacking anyone else unless they've used the loan system BTW (you can tell fairly easily).
    /me coughs

It doesn't stop you taking over ppl's planets though, does it ;)

Advertisement