Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 3 Addons

Options
  • 06-08-2002 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I just cleared GTA 3 over the weekend and I want more! Does anyone know if there are any addon missions or packs availible online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well Vice City, the official expansion will be out some time in the future, i'd put my money on late next year. (refering to the PC version)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

san andreas should be on the way, don't really have any info about it tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

People have started making custom cars and stuff for the PC version, not just skins either - fully functional models. Apparently its a right bugger to make the doors work properly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Anyone tried tank jumping?
    Rotate the gun to face the back of the tank, drive forwards while shooting the gun... you get some amazing speeds... try the Callaghan bridge jump into portland, 700ft trick easy.
    Coupled with the no-grav cheat = flying tank... ye can fly across all three islands indefinitly... sweeet.
    I'm gonna start playing it again from the start, once I get this XP patch installed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Eroved
    I just cleared GTA 3 over the weekend and I want more! Does anyone know if there are any addon missions or packs availible online?

100% complete?
    Is anybody 100% complete? I still have 2 missions (Patriot Playground and Gripped). 1 rampage, 2 packages (although they dont effect the overall percentage), and the 20 vigilante missions on Portland and Shorside to do. Oh I have to do the stupid paramedic and fire missions too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

how do you check what your game percentage is?

i finished it but just by doing the main missions (did all of them though, and then all of the bitch'n dog food ones, but none of the phone booth ones)

also any other "hidden" missions that arent marked like the bitch'n dog factory ones in portland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No they are the only hidden missions.
    To see what percentage you have completed, pause the game and go to status.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    I'm gonna start playing it again from the start, once I get this XP patch installed ;)

I haven't been on boards for awhile but what is the XP patch? I installed a few things that people told me i should have, but is this a new one, when did this patch come out? and where can u get it?
    Originally posted by Zyox
    The bitchin' dog food missions

I did the first mission there(the one where u get the bank guy and then trash his car) and then came back and the phone didn't ring anymore. Is that the only missions, if not, when does the phone ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

i dont have exact times, but they are business hours

ie. during day. something like 8am to 7pm i think

• Advertisement

the only xp patch i've heard of is the one that fixes the dodgy textures on the main menu & in the game, i doubt you need that one if the game already works for you.

long time no see suppafly!

originally posted by tman
    the only xp patch i've heard of is the one that fixes the dodgy textures on the main menu & in the game, i doubt you need that one if the game already works for you.

Yeah see i thought there might be a new one or something, cuz i remember when it came out and everybody was having the problems i thought that rockstar games was going to release an XP patch to fix the slowdown problem. I guess that didn't happen then.

there are a few things you can get to sort out the slowdown.
    sheepy's high fps thing is the only one i can think of now.

Yeah i saw that, but his site was all acting up and doing weird stuff and then awhile ago i tried to go to it and it wasn't there. Is it working now? If so whats the url cuz i don't have the link anymore, thanks

i did a quick search of the troubleshooting & optimization section of gta3forums.com (handy forum)...

highfpsv5 (not sure why sheepys site is down, but you can get it there)

theres also a program called advanced options, apparently it gives you a bit more control over the draw distance.
    (i havn't had a chance to test it yet)
    for version 1.0
    for version 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sheepy's site got shut down by its webhost because of the insane amount of traffic it was getting for the highfps program.

Advertisement