Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instruments for crazy band

Options
  • 06-08-2002 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Not actually looking for members right now. I'm just trying to put together a really fun improv jam rock n' roll jazz fusion hippy metal punk blues band. And I was just wondering what instruments apart from the usual have been used in rock n' roll? Cause I'd love to get as varied a sound as possible...

I know this is a kinda weird topic, but I'd just really love to get ideas for what instruments to look for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I beleive Jimi Henrix ones used kazoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Yep used 'em on "Crosstown Traffic" he did....

How about you try a human head and perhaps a sink?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have actually been playing around with my dads banjo,bazooki and mandolin lately(he plays folk music-diddle dee dee stuff)and would quite like to try a few ideas out.If you put a distortion pedal on a banjo(with one of those bottle cap pickups) the sound is mental and a chorus with the mandolin is real wierd sounding.
    Good fun too---hearing a decent sound from a banjo.
    Richie

By the way what is that sig?????????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Theramin maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Just put ads around looking for general musicians. You might get people coming in playing anything from flute to spoons. What ever you find I'd say it will fit in somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

what ever you do..get an electric violin. :)
    their sound is quite amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I allway wanted to here what a harp sounds distorted with a a bit of flanger..i bet evil !

Or that instrument the beatles use at the start of strawberry fields..you couldnt use it live though its like 5 inches of tape or something..bizarre ****ing thing...

Or you could just get yerself a Tom Morello style geetar player..that dewd knows how to make some crazy ****ing sounds ..listen to the 'scratching' on bulls on parade.. and the luaghing kinda cackling on mic cheek..or the 'weeeeee o wheh o woooo o wee' on killing in the name of..

Or you could just kick a few guitars around the floor like at the start of Jimi's electric lady land..

Or that rabbit xyzlphone type job in Monty Python ..was it rabbits ? ..that was pretty kewl..

adios !

nem

Advertisement