Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the 'Sky Sports World' Package gone up in price??

Options
  • 05-08-2002 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering has the 'sky sports world' digital package (it costs €45) gone up in price? I phoned Sky CC this morning and they said they do not have the updated prices but would 'guess' that is will go up by a fiver or so? As per usual, great information from the Sky Customer Care team!

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,
    spanner_head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Skysports World is €49 per month.

Previously the gap between Skysports world and Sky World was only €7 now it is €11. I used to consider getting the movies.Any thoughts of getting them has now gone due to this price differential. Why did SKy do this as it was obviously going to effect people considering an upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by jez
    Skysports World is €49 per month.

Cheers for the info.
    Im in two heads to get it or not to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Just Goes to show how much sky has gone up in a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I thought that Sports World was the same price as Movie World - €52 :confused: The full whack is €60 afaik, but we've cut down to the €27 one cause anything more is just to much for too little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Naw, Sky Sports World is still 49, Sky Movie World is 52

I'm currently on the Premier + Family Pack for the next month (obviously enough Family Pack + the 4 Premier movie channels) @ 44 per month. Never watch anything on MovieMax anyway (I tend to regard it as free channels with a Premier + Sky Movies Cinema package)Only keeping it for a month-odd though. Watty has managed, from posting here, to instill in me the idea of adding and subtracting at regular intervals:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

dont get the movie channels
    they are absolute muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They certainly do repeat a lot. And if you go to the cinema regularly there's less point. However, I've 20 so far unseen movies (even though I do go the cinema a lot) scheduled over the next 30 days so I will get value out of the extra 17 euros for adding it on for one month. The odd foreign movie that I won't get in the local Xtravision is a bit of a bonus to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i rarely watch the movie channels.
    The movies that they do repeat alot wud be decent ones like blow...
    and the rest of the crap, i never heard of before.

Advertisement