Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physics books

Options
  • 05-08-2002 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭

can anyone suggest a good beginners physics book?
    any websites with online texts/books would be much appreciated as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭accensi0n

i've done junior cert physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fundamentals of physics - David Halliday, Robert Resnick, Jearl Walker (5th ed. 1997)

UCD first year physics book. Very big and quite expensive, but a brilliant book. If you're looking to do physics for your leaving cert or even college, I found it to be the best. Waay better than the crappy one on the LC syllabus. It starts with the very basics, and uses practical (modern) demonstrations to get the ideas across. You can't go wrong. About €60

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭accensi0n

thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i had that book!
    i left it in my locker over the holidays and they cleared it out and took it away from me and wouldnt give it bakc, so i coudlnt sell it!
    i never even read the damn thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

physics by jim breithaupt is good
    but i'd consider getting the leaving cert book first and see it you can digest that.

<ps wh00p 500th post :p>

Advertisement