Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americas Army

Options
  • 04-08-2002 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

hi all, got americasarmy , last night, installed it, and when i click on the shortcut to load, nothing happens, well, timer appears for a second, then nothing.

What are the minimum specs required for it ? I'm running Win2K Pro , on a P3 600, 64Mb Geforce2, 768Ram, 2 HDs. Is my machine not enuff to run it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Q: What are the recommended system requirements?
    A: The recommended requirements for the game are:
    Pentium4 1.4GHz (or equivalent)
    256MB RAM
    WinME/2000/XP
    DirectX8.1
    64MB GeForce2 or similar 3D card
    1GB disk space
    4x CD-Rom (CD version only)
    EAX 3.0 compatible sound card
    NVIDIA® nForceTM or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio.
    Broadband network connection

Q: What are the minimum system requirements?
    A: The minimum requirements for the game are:
    Pentium3 766 (or equivalent)
    128MB RAM
    Win98/ME/2000/XP
    DirectX8.1
    32MB vid card supporting hardware T&L
    600MB Hard Drive free space
    4x CD-Rom (CD version only)
    DirectX 8 compatible sound
    56k modem or better
    NVIDIA® nForceTM or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio.

http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/news/faqtext.php#q130

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, i couldnt run it either, my system isnt as good as your, but it's still well over the minumum requirments
    /edit
    oops, forgot my processer was a 1.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

how big is the download for this game? is it worth getting it if you gonna be playing on 56k modem? is there any local servers or do you have to connect to some american server? so many questions ... :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It's 200 megs. From what I've heard, its not much fun for 56kers, but I don't know if those laggy bastards I was talking to were playing on UK servers, of which apparently there are a couple. I was gonna d/l it, but tbh I'm waiting for it to appear on a magazine cover disc, though if that will happen i do not know. Buy it from dnc or what have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have it running grand on mu pc (Athlon XP 1600+ 1.4Ghz, 256Mb Ram and Gefirce4)

It doesnt run on my other pc very well....it takes 5min to load and then runs at like 1fps or something :D (P3 450Mhz, 128Ram)

Im amazed it doent run on so many peoples pcs seeing as though it runs on both of mine .... well .. really only one as the p3 450 is unplayable :D

• Advertisement

it starts loading the game, then crashes wit hthis msg on mine
    Assertion failed: RenDev [File:C:\fireteam\WinDrv\Src\WinViewport.cpp] [Line: 450]History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
    not really all that bothered about getting it running, it was free after all;)
    i doubt itl appear on any coverdiscs, as it's meant to be for the american public, probably some legalities to stop people sticking it on coverdiscs outside america

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i got that error while trying to run it on a machine that didnt have directx 8.1 installed. get downloading man.

dx8.1ed to the max, the damn game just doesnt support my graphics card:(
    (finally got round to checking the online faq)
    what a wasted download:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I have the very same problem..and the patch wont run...I think maybe the latest upload may be fux0red. I have an earlier version that runs perfectly..

Advertisement