Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon Keeper and Win2K?

Options
  • 03-08-2002 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

I recently aquired DK2 and it doesnt run on my machine. I have excellent specs a mile above the recommended ones and running under Windows 2000 Pro. Yet when i start the game it justs goes black and returns to the desktop. Any help? Its probably the fact that it doesnt run under Win2K if so any1 know where i can get an update 4 that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hi pyro.I also had the exact same problem just yesterday when i installed DK2 ( out of boredom ) im also running win 2k. I think the problem is that it was released in 1999 and is not compatable with win 2k. ne way u can try the update in the dungeonkeeper website.

Link:http://dk2.ea-europe.com/uk/index.asp#6/30/00%20-%2016:44

I havent tryed it yet because im not all that anxious 2 play DK.o BTW the 1.7 update was released in june 2000 so it will probably fix the incompatability problem.

COMBATCOW >:^)

STOP PRESS: Version 1.7 contains the Maiden of the Nest creature, Jack-in-the-Box trap, Mercenaries (Hero type creatures that you attract to your dungeon), Win2000 compatibility, Bump Mapping on lava and water for Matrox G400 cards, 3 new maps, and many fixes and tweaks.

LOL. just found that on a google search. ps.the update is 28 MEG ouch!

Get it in a net cafe if u havent got a good net connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

thanks for the info. Got the patch and it runs grand now. Only reason i installed it was cuz im waitin for Unreal Tournament 2003!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah i hear that. UT2K3 iz gonna be fcuking ill.I heard it got pushed back to october that sux ballz.

COMBATCOW >:^)

Advertisement