Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suicide help

• 03-08-2002 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking suicide lately. I've been huddled up in my house on a couch crying not going out side or talking to friends. I've gotten very paranoid thinking everyone is looking at me a mocking me. I've been getting texts by people saying i'm ugly n'****.

Frankly I can't hold it in. I've nobody to talk to about this or people that have experiance on it. plus it's really personal and I really nead advise before I do the worst. Everything this week is bad for me. Knocking thing over in public making a show of my self and saying wrong things by acsedent. neverfeeling cofortable with my self. And it wont go away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i was in that same postition about 10 yrs ago
    I did think about suicide .

you have to realise you here to enjoy life not to sit on a couch.
    it may seem hard but fu<k everyone else who thinks less of you.
    what do they know???

maybe you are ugly etc etc so what...

i aint no oil painting but im married to a beautful wife.
    she got to know me and loved me for me (no other reason i can think of...lol)

no point in being depressed about looks etc etc:

go and fu<k em all !!!!!!

why should you care what some one thinks about you .

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

One thing I'd suggest is to call the Samaritans 1850 60 90 90, its the same price as a local call and they'll always listen to you and try to help you.

}:>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

-brave man with the unregistered abuse wha?-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I appreciate you're probably feeling really depressed and shitty right now. But even though this sounds like a cliché, suicide really isn't the option. You may think nobody cares about you, or that people will be better off without you, but you can forget about that idea right now. What about your parents? Can you imagine what your death would do to them (despite what your relationship is with them right now). Could you really put them through that?

More people care for you than you believe. It doesn't matter if you're ugly or not. Imagine what it would be like if one of your friends committed suicide, or maybe a family member. It is obvious that it would cause a lot of grief within family and social circles. It would be no different for you.

Oh and for the Unreggi muppet that posted above me, thank you for that helpful comment. However, despite the abrasive nature of the post it is true that peoples motivations for suicide are oftentimes relatively trivial (in relation to the drastic 'solution' that suicide offers).
    I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but this website points this out in a rather sardonic way.

-great theory there brains...-

• Advertisement

dont kill yourself life is good by de way are you have cheats for mortal kombat 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Jeez Swiss, I Get the point, but that Website is mental. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Are there going to be any more serious replies to this serious topic? Please??

}:>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As suggested, I too recommend the Samaritans.
    If you don't want to speak to someone you can still email them
    jo@samaritans.org

This email will be seen by a trained helper. I can honestly say that they are a beautiful bunch of people, I emailed them a couple of times and they really helped me out.

As for suicide, it is very natural to think in this way, but it is such an easy solution to a difficult world. You must be so unhappy about what you are doing in this life but there must be so many things that you want to do. You can live your dreams, you just have to work at it - it won't be easy. It is the hard work and the pain you put into your life that makes the good times even more beautiful.

As for people mocking you... **** them, it's your life, not theirs. If they don't like it YOU DO and thats all that matters. If you go with the crowd you may never see the sunrise. Please phone or email the Samaritans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Yeah thanks I felt much better when I posted that. I'll keep your advise and might ring the samaritans next time. thanks

Advertisement