Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Youngsters -[Excellent French Techno]

Options
  • 02-08-2002 5:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I was in my local Dj store yesterday, and was having a chat with the owner, who brought these guys to my attention. The Youngsters (for those of you that haven't heard of them) are a new(ish) techno group from France. They have released an album called "Lemonorange". It's been out for a few months now, but it's only recently the album/producers are getting the attention they deserve. It's not banging techno, by any means, and if you asked me to describe it to you I would I would say it's
    1. Moby
    2. Laurent Garnier
    3. Orbital
    4. Carl Cox (ten years ago)
    rolled in to one album.

Now you are probably saying, some of those artists are not associated with the techno scene, but there are elements of the tunes that have obvious similarities between the above artists. When you hear this, you know it's french straight away, and no it's not because of the vocals (smart ass ;)). It's a classic, and I would recommend it to any of the more serious dance people. It's not the soundtrack to club night, or a soundtrack for boyracers. It's found a place on my Hi-Fi (not decks) in my sitting room, that is perfect to just have on in the background, when you are sick and tired of all that same junk that's going around today. This album definately has an element of class associated with it, and I can guarantee it would be worth investing in. It's also available on vinyl, I've just been told.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NU2U/qid=1028262802/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/202-4313099-1185467

;-phobos-)

Advertisement