Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 skinniest singers of all time

Options
  • 01-08-2002 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i have to say i reckon that bloke from the black crows is probably the skinniest singer i have ever seen.
    nearly there are that bloke from the verve who i wish would die of a drug overdose, and that bloke who was the lead songer with led zepplin.

whatya reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Jay Kay - Jamiroquai
    Chris Robinson - The Black Crowes
    Robert Plant - Led Zeppelin
    Axl Rose was fairly skinny in his day, although he's a big fúcker now. As was James Hetfield.
    Jarvis Cocker - Pulp
    Scott Weiland - Stone Temple Pilots

In fact, the majority of good rock\funk singers seem to be skinny bástards. It's the drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Iggy Pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

PJ Harvey - defintely the worst!
    Michael Stipe is fairly fúcked too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Karen Carpenter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by francie brady
    Karen Carpenter

lol, im trying so hard not to laugh at that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

The Corrs, although they've a bit of catching up to do on Karen Carpenter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Anders Fridén from In Flames is a bit of a skinny git :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nick Cave is a pretty skinny bastard also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I suppose any herion addicted rock star could be included....

But I vote Karen Carpenter....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

meatloaf

seriously tho number one spot has to go to david bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

erm, hello??? "the thin white duke"??? he even had it in his name!!!!!!! i can't believe nobody's mentioned david bowie!! who, incidentally, has a HUGE....singing voice!

(edit) oh, oops! one large slice of humble pie for table two- see now that someone has already mentioned his bowie-ness- a thousand apologies!(edit)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

oh, and jeff buckley was pretty gaunt aswell.
    kurt cobain was reputed to wear a couple of pairs of long johns at a time under his jeans, cos he couldn't afford heating, which would suggest he was pretty skinny too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

nearly there are that bloke from the verve who i wish would die of a drug overdose...
    whatya reckon?

Very nice of ya ;)! He almost did too, tho I think it was from alcohol... But Richard Ashcroft is an excellent skinny singer, so is Iggy Pop and David Bowie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yer man from Skinny Puppy was well skinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

TAD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Vini Reilly from the Durrutti Column was the skinniest man in pop for a while, is not quite so emaciated now. Iggy has always been lean and muscular rather than skinny - compare him and Bowie in the early 70s (ooooh, Bowie and Iggy in the early 70s - rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroworrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Polly Harvey has approached Karen Carpenter dimensions at times. And Beth Orton's very twig-like, but she does have Crohn's Disease. Jennifer and Neil from the Royal Trux both look like they'd snap if you leaned on them - that pesky heroin again.

Incidentally, I'm going to a club in London tonight called Unskinny Bop, dedicated to fat people in pop. (I am not making this up, by the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Just realised that nobody (including me) has mentioned the late great Joey Ramone - such a lanky ba stard his legs looked like elongated arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Good one....

I think Marc Bolan was pretty skinny...

I really have too much time on my hands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Posh "Skeletor" Spice.

Anyone catch this weeks Popb1tch "Anorexia Special"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement