Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Screenshots Of Doom III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the graphics card companies arent the only ones salivating.
    (not sure how to type that noise that homer makes, but i'm making it now)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Sweet pics!
    /me wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

shame there's only 2 pics there...
    anyone else dl the doom legacy movie, it all looks so sweet in motion!
    that monster that looks like the fiend from quake 1, only with robotic back legs, is seriously freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've seen the high-res version of DOom3.
    I'm feeling sorry for my GF2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think any computer could render 50 of those models. Don't expect gameplay anywhere near as good as the original doom or even the raven games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

doom 3 wont be like the old doom.

Enemies will be much harder but much less of em

its all to add to the feeling of suspense and fear.

Youd dont really get that if theres a shiity bad guy around every corner who u can kill with one shot from ur shotgun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the reason been less of them so your compooher can actually run the fecker :) seen both the videos(the guy that recorded it with the camcorder, nice one! ) and it looks feckin class, with little bits of cinematic's and cut scenes similar to resident evil, looks like it will scare the **** out of you. goody

*eXcellant*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I don't think any computer could render 50 of those models. Don't expect gameplay anywhere near as good as the original doom or even the raven games.

Just cause it wont be as fast-paced or monster-filled as the other Dooms, it's pretty stupid to think this will mean that the gameplay won't be as good. Break-neck speed shooters are ten-a-penny these days, I'm really looking forward to something different. And from the looks of it, this is going to blow them all out of the water.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry but id haven't made a good single player game since Doom 3. Great engine though. I much prefer serious sam and doom to the newer games with only 1 or 2 ultra tough bad guys spawning in every so often(*cough* SOF2).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wait till you people play it before judging it. It sure does look the bee's though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement