Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN Server updated

Options
  • 31-07-2002 6:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I've move the NWN Server to the beta patch, hopefully this will solve some of the stability issues we've been having, which should please the DOD'ers :)

you can get the files here :
    http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_beta.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭VisHnU

Hey Rev,
    Where are you hosting the NWN server and who plays and at what times ?
    Thanks,
    Vishnu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

What to do what to do ?

It seems at least from what I'm reading that the main problem with the server at the moment is connected with the server vault. So what I was wondering is, should we move the server to local players only until the problem is fixed in the next patch ?

I can move all the current players in the vault elsewhere for now, and upload anyone who wants there main character to a site somewhere. Or if you want we can continue as we are and live with the crashes.

Your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭VisHnU

I take it your running version 1.21 ? On the character issue I would say local characters. That way peeps can play offline or on other servers and return with the updated character (by copying the char files, fraught with danger etc). :-)
    I was thinking more along the lines of running a server with a certain module as an adventure, with a DM and all ?
    Vishnu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The servers running on games2.iol.ie, you'll need to do a direct connect to it, since gamespy doesnt seem to want to list it.

pop into #nwn.ie and you'll see the regulars.

I moved the server onto the beta patch to see if it would help with some of the server issues, but no joy although the skills are now fixed at least.I can role it back if we go the local characters route.

I've started work on the a module and have had it complete with errors :) on the server the odd time, logic and matel gave it a kickin. But this time teddy will be awaitting them, and he's done some growing up lately. All welcome to join in.

Advertisement